HSM Berger Ammo ?

DrGlenn

Looking at switching my ammo, I want to try the HSM ammo for my t3 hunter 300 wsm which looks to have a 1: 11 twist. It looks like my options are

168 g berger says ideal for 1:12
185 g berger says ideal for 1:12
210 g berger says ideal for 1:10

what should I pick ? I hunt NA big game . Use to shoot 180 win supreme elite that now they don't make any more

Any help thanks

PS I dont reload as you can see, should I find a company that will do it for me to get me say the 170 G which they say is for 1 :11?

I would also throw the new Hornady's into the mix as well. As far as what bullet with the HSM, I would start with the 185's and see how they group. Im not sure what type of game and at what ranges you hunt but I would assume "Long Range" and suggest those. I am nit sure if you can stabilize the 210's but that would be a great option if you could.

Looking at switching my ammo, I want to try the HSM ammo for my t3 hunter 300 wsm which looks to have a 1: 11 twist. It looks like my options are

168 g berger says ideal for 1:12
185 g berger says ideal for 1:12
210 g berger says ideal for 1:10

what should I pick ? I hunt NA big game . Use to shoot 180 win supreme elite that now they don't make any more

Any help thanks

PS I dont reload as you can see, should I find a company that will do it for me to get me say the 170 G which they say is for 1 :11?

The recommended twist for the 168 and 185 is 1:12" or faster and the 210 is 1:11" or faster, so your 1:11" rifle can handle those ammo you have listed.

IIWY, I would shoot the heaviest bullet that your rifle can shoot accurately.

thanks guys think will start with the 185 . I don't think hornady makes any thing in 300 wsm

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.