HSM 338 Win Mag ammo

cavtrooper94

I just saw that HSM is marketing a 338 Win Mag load pushing the 300gr Berger VLD. Anybody know anything about this? I didn't even know that the 300 grainer was available yet. Will it be loaded at a length capable of working in a standard 338 Win Mag. I'm kinda excited. This sounds like fun.

Below is what I got from HSM ...

cleardot.gif
The Hunting Shack to me 11:24 AM

That particular item was offered to Cabela's this year. It should be available in about a month.

It will be loaded to magazine length.
The Hunting Shack, Inc.
4406 Rathbun Lane
Stevensville,MT 59870
Fax: 406-777-3908
Visit our new ONLINE store for exceptional deals on ammunition, firearms, accessories and more!
Cabelas sells it for $54.99/20 but is currently but currently on backorder ...

Cabela's: HSM Trophy Gold™ Rifle Ammuntion

Last edited:
I just saw that HSM is marketing a 338 Win Mag load pushing the 300gr Berger VLD. Anybody know anything about this? I didn't even know that the 300 grainer was available yet. Will it be loaded at a length capable of working in a standard 338 Win Mag. I'm kinda excited. This sounds like fun.
Yes, I have been using them since 2017, and have found them to be good. I have taken a bear, and an elk with them, and although they both had short death runs, the ammo worked very well.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.