HS vs. B&C

Tikkamike

I recently purchased an HS sporter stock with the aluminum bedding block, and was pretty unhappy with it, the pistol grip on them seema very straight and uncomfortable and the way the action set in the stock left a good 1/4" under the barrel in the forearm, which is fine but the sides didnt match it was obviously pointing up more than needed. so I ordered a B&C Medalist, and it feels better to hold and the fit is much better on my sporter BDL 375 ultra. not to mention it was quite a bit cheaper. as far as rigidity goes they feel the same. the B&C does have a slimmer forend which i dont cre for but overall I like it better. Anyone else tried the 2 of these? what did you think? I am thinking B&C is the way to go especially for the money. Although I have not shot it yet with either stock. I assume it will be similar

I have used both for quit a few years. B&C has come along way over what they used to offer. They have some new styles, too. Last time I ordered (earlier this year) they had a 6-8 week wait from the factory. H-S was much longer. I've only ordered a couple of H-S this year, both fit as they should. Don't care for the 'palm swells' H-S has on some of theirs. Just my 2 cents.

Shoot I love the HS stocks. I had one on my 260rem that I sold. I just got another one for my 264 win mag, I had Shawn add his cheek peice to it. I love the palm swell, I would say its my favorate stock for shooting from the prone.

I have a BC on the savage I just sold its awsome as well but no palm swell.

Sounds like the HS Sporter stock you had must of had something not right about it from the factory. Have that same stock on a re barreled R700 and it fits great. Has a even reveal down the sides of the barrel and about 1/8" gap at the end.
I did get rid of the HS I had on a Sendero. I could not handle the palm swell thing it did not feel right to me. Anyway replaced it with one of the Greybull stocks and I really like the feel and balance of that stock.

This is a HS stock - a PSV107 I believe was the M/N. I do like it with one exception, the length of the grip. I would like it longer or deeper depending on how you look at it. In order to get a straight back triggerpull, I usually have two fingers of the trigger hand/paw floating below the handgrip. Otherwise, the action to stock fit is perfect. There are 4 points of contact between the receiver and the aluminum bed - 2 forward and 2 back on either side of the screws. The barrel channel has about 1/16" clear all the way to the lug. I added the DE cheekpiece.

A few years back I had a B&C on another Remington 700 in 300 WM. A factory action and barrel. There was no issue with the stock but I couldn't get the rifle to shoot at all. I sold it and broke even.

Attachments

• DSCN0289.jpg
    DSCN0289.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 59
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts