HS recoil pad removal

muleyman

Has anyone had the pleasure of trying to remove the recoil pad off of the HS Precision Pro Series stock. It looks like it has been glued on. Once the pad is removed, what might I find behind it, is there a backing or just a large hole going into the stock. Any help would be appreciated, what I want to do is remove the factory one and make my own type of adjustable LOP. I'm going to call HS to see what they say, but was hoping for some first hand experiences. Thanks in advance................

Put your stock in the freezer for three hours. Then put the recoil pad and little plastic piece attached to the recoil pad in a vice. Then just pull it apart, your pad will need to be replaced when you get it off becase the plastic piece on the pad will break when you tighten the vice. There is a hole about seven inches deep by 1 7/8 inches wide by 3 inches tall. You will have plenty of stock back there to screw your new l o p thing to.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.