HS Precision Stock

does anyone know how the recoil pad is attached for removal and also about how much hollow space is in side of the stock.

Some of the recoil pads are glued directly to the HS Stock,
another attached with 2 sets of screws. If are glued you have to cut them of with a sharp thin knife or someting simmilar.

The hollow space inside the stock is HUGE. The outside wall is about 3/16 all around and the rest is just hollow space with aluminum frame.

After you will remove the recoil pad you will have full access to the hollow space.

Chris

Sorry to jump in here but I have been thinking about putting weight in the stock I've got. It is a HS sf1 sendero stock with recoil pad gluded on. Can you think of any cool way to have removable weight in the stock. I can have it real heavy for places I dont walk far and run it as normal when I pack.

Cheers

DUH

Sorry to jump in here but I have been thinking about putting weight in the stock I've got. It is a HS sf1 sendero stock with recoil pad gluded on. Can you think of any cool way to have removable weight in the stock. I can have it real heavy for places I dont walk far and run it as normal when I pack.

Cheers

DUH

Hi DUH

The way how I see it is take out your glued pad, and install one with 2 screws.
Now all you have to do is add a bag of sand inside in the hollow space and tight the screws.
When you do not need it , just remove the screws, take out the sandbag and put them back. Less then 3 minutes to do it.
pad.jpg

Chris

thanks for all the in put I figured it was glued on. As a long time High Power shooter Iam going to weight the stock with lead wool, for those that do not know what this is, it looks like steel wool and you can pack it as tight as you want for the desired weight. It can usually be bought any where they sell plumbing supplys. This is going to be put in a 700P in 300 RUM.

Hi DUH

The way how I see it is take out your glued pad, and install one with 2 screws.
Now all you have to do is add a bag of sand inside in the hollow space and tight the screws.
When you do not need it , just remove the screws, take out the sandbag and put them back. Less then 3 minutes to do it.
pad.jpg

Chris

Chris,

Cheers for that !

How much weight do you think you could add to it ?

Is that a sf 1 sendero stock you got there under all the bling ? Nice looking job.

DUH

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.