HS Precision stock(s) question

SavageScott

Ok guys- building my first long range rig but need some expert advice before I buy something that will not work for me.

I have my stock selection narrowed down to a few (between HS Precision and McMillan) but have a couple questions:

1) It may sound self-explanatory (I apologize in advance for asking) but are the HS Pro Series stocks that have the "BDL" reference only for Remington 700 BDL's? If so, what is the difference between the BDL and any other Remington 700? No other Remington 700 model will fit?

2) Does anyone have any other recommendations on any other stock manufacturers? I'm having a hard time finding anything HS in stock online, so suggestions would be helpful if I can't get my hands on what I want.

In case anyone needs to know, it would be a long action (300 win).........

Remington makes two different 700 style rifles. The BDL has bottom metal, trigger guard and magazine that will open up all as one piece and some have a removable magazine. They make one call an ADL. it does not have bottom metal. Just a trigger guard only. It has what is called a blind magazine.

Oh ok perfect. That is what I needed to know. So I will rule the BDL models out and continue my search.

Thanks a bunch for helping me out! That's why I love this website!

FYI, if you have a blind mag version right now and want a hinged floor plate you can buy the BDL bottom metal to complement your barreled action and stock that is inlet for the BDL bottom metal.

Just want to confirm with you guys.....

I have a Rem 700 SPS (hinged floor plate) that I want to convert. Sp I should look at the HS precision stocks that reference BDL?

I apologize in advance but I don't want to buy the wrong model stock.....

I'll throw a wrench into the mix "Precision Stock works " They advertise on this site. Stocks are made by McMillan per Precision Stock works design . I have one on my 7 mag and its awesome !

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.