HS Precision Rifles

Mike378

Has anyone had experience with them and also the company. Reliability of delivery times etc.

I am aware that I can get a Rem 700 action or a custom action and start there but that is not what I want. HS Precision is imported to Australia by our biggest gun gear importer. They also import Wby.

A Weatherby from the custom shop with Accumark stock and Kreiger cut rifle barrel is a little more expensive than HS Precision but not enough to really matter. I am use to the Wby situation which is extremely smooth sailing with the custom shop but this time I would not mind trying something different and HS Precision would be the alternative.

If HS Precision then probably 300 Wby or perhaps 300 Win or 300 RUM.

It is hard to find out much as nearly all searches turn up stuff on the HS Precision stocks. I don't have any concerns about their accuracy. My enquiry is more about their general quality control, customer service and general reliability. Australia is a long way from HS Precision.

For the money, HS Precision rifles are the best "out of the box" rifle you can buy. Lead times are kind of long, but their accuracy is worth the wait.

I would have to say That Cooper is the best ot of the box rifle made. They have the same accuracy as HS precision for quite a bit less $$$$. However, they dont come in a 300 Wthby or 300 RUM. Probably the best LR cartridge they offer is a 280 AI, but it comes with a 10 twist. You can get a custom barrel and twist for about $400 which still puts you less than an HS.

-MR

I have a 223 that hs made me six years ago. It shoots very well. It came with a target that is measured by a computer it was in the low .1's. THe barrel is also very fast. I also have a hs barrel on my 270 wsm it shoots very well and is extremly fast as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts