HS Precision rifles

G

Looking for reviews about the HS Precision rifles. Have any of you readers use/owned/shot one of these. They carry a heavy price tag and I'm wondering if they are worth it.

Sendaro,
Give me about 5 more months and I will be able to tell you if they are worth it. I ordered the HTR in 257 wby and will be able to write a review on that particular gun. By the way, which gun where you inquiring about. Have you talked to the guys at HS? They all treated me well before I ordered and answered every question I had.

I live right outside Rapid City and had a friend that worked at HS yrs ago.That was back when the employee privledges were a little better and they could build thier own rifles for themselves on thier own time.He built a 378 that could shoot better than he could and this was back when they were still building thier rifles with the Rem action.They have since started building thier own actions now.Being this close to HS Ive had the chance to see quite a few of thier guns around and a couple pistols.Very good quality for the money (I guess it depends on what you consider pricey).Most of thier rifles are in the $2200-2600 range except for the take downs.All in all these rifles will shoot better than most average hunters are able to.Just my opinion,but for this kind of money,Id rather have have one built.Two grand goes a long ways towards a custom action and match grade barrel.

Great guns guys, but by the time the reach the shores of good old Blighty, at the current exchange rate they cost $3800 to $4200, For that price i can have a full custom and thats still expensive, how this price can be justified is beyond me. There are some very greedy importers out there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Centre Punch.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.