HS Precision Rifles vs Cooper Rifles

HS without a doubt. I've had their rifles and I've built a few with their barrels and they are really really good barrels. Cooper makes a nice gun but I can't say enough good about H.S.. I don't know why more people don't use their barrels they are pricey but good.

Cooper Excalibur in 280 AI, and an HS Precision in 300 win mag. Both are fine rifles and both shoot very well. The HS is a bit lighter to carry.

It's going to come down to you handling both, side by side if you can, to make the choice.

I have owned both. Still own 2 coopers. Don't own an HS precision anymore. Opinions are like AHoles: everyone has one, this is just mine.

SnT

Ive got a 300wm HS and a 7/08 Cooper. I hunt with the Cooper way more, but that's just because its smaller and just fits me. The 300wm HS Precision is a laser beam and just impressive in all respects. This is practically a Chevy-v- Ford issue.

My Cooper barrel is a 'slow' barrel. However, I have no qualms pushing the loads. The HS Precision is freaky in that it shoots everything pretty good.

Ive had both and I prefer cooper rifles over the HS rifles. I sold both my hs rifles and kept my coopers, Both rifles from both manufacturers were superbly accurate, but my HS PHL in 300WSM had feeding issues which is unacceptable for a rifle in its price range, when I called HS precision for a solution to the problem their answer was I should single feed it. Not an acceptable cure to a feeding Issue in a hunting rifle. My other one was a PHR in 300 RUM and I have zero complaints about that rifle. I feel the fit and finish is better on both my coopers and both are extremely accurate rifles, I find the coopers fit me better then the hs rifles. I will personally be sticking with my coopers over Hs precision.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.