HS Precision IMPORTANT quality control and customer service.

Interesting thread.
I just recieved a HS precision rifle in .260rem from a customer who bought the HS before he heared about me.
The thing wont shoot right he says, be interesting to see whats the problem.

I would cut out the middle man and deal direct with HS precision on that one from Italy. Its not that difficult to send firearms across continents.

regards Pete

I just got the rifle from the dealer. All it says on the repair sheet is "repect carried out under warranty"

Going by that it's safe to assume that they just screwed the barrel back on.

I will try and talk to Bignami again and find out what I can about the repair. If they just srewed it back together, the rifle is going back and I want my money back, no more of this messing around. For that money I can build a rifle on a 700 action and at least have a smith to refer to.

More details to come....

I know I know---not a popular answer but I switch barrels all of the time but get a barrel vise and an action wrench. This is a simple procedure and would save you a lot of time and stress. Just a thought. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ceg1963,

I live east of Orlando about midway between Orlando and the space center. Land of hogs, bear and alligators. Seems to be keeping the people population in check....so far.

Boss, the problem isn't as simple as a loose barrel.
If you ready the link you will get a better idea.

Basically the barrel came loose while I was shooting and some damage has occurred because even once it was screwed back on as tight a two people can screw it, (and we couldn't unscrew it again) the groups did not improve. I mean it was still shooting all over the place.

A few shots, however was all it took to get it loose again.

With the reciept from Bignami that my dealer gave me I was able to bluff past the receptionist and speak to the actual smith after the next lady I was passed to wasn't able to give me any information from their computer.

As it turns out, all they did was screw the barrel back in.

I will write Todd and see what he has to say about this.
It is exactly what I feared would happen and do not believe will have solved the problem. At the very least the headspace will have changed significantly and all the brass I had fireformed is useless(500 pieces of Lapua).

I do not want the rifle to go back to Bignami, for reasons that have now become clear and if it goes back to HS that will mean another lengthy wait.

Please someone tell me am I being unreasonable? Sometimes I wonder if it's me or the madness that surrounds me....

I have not throughly read through all of this subject but it seems to me that you have plenty of right to be ****ed off. I dont know all about HS's moa guarantee and if they pertains to your gun and caliber. If they will not fix the gun or back their product then I would say you have full right to be mad as hell.

Has actual HS had a chance to fix the gun or are you saying that they are giving you the run around about it?
steve

I would be willing to bet that HS is gonna want the gun back or have it "serviced" by one of their "qualified" smiths and more than likely all thats gonna happen is they'll set the shoulder back a bit then rechamber it , and in all fairness that will probably fix the problem , is it gonna replace the brass and time you have lost? NO will it make you happy in the end? probably not.
What I would do is tell HS that their crap is on its way back to them and you need to have your check sent out as soon as possible so you can go buy a Robar SR-90 !!!
But more than likely they will waste twice as much money dicking you around and mailing you gun around the planet that it would cost to refund your money. Your the only person that is being inconvienced and your the only one that has lost in this deal.

It sucks man , and I hate it for ya.

call HS and ask to speak the the boss and when he gets on the phone ask to speak to his boss then explain you problem and if its not resloved then post this message on every site on the web

Hey Kirby,
I recently purchased a Cooper Arms Mod 22 Varminter in 6mmBR, complete with test group you described, here's a pic,
122Cooper_Group_009-med.JPG

As you can see there is no indication of what distance the group was shot at, although their website leads you to believe that it is shot at 100yds.
You say it is shot from a machine rest, they say from a bench with bags???
If what they say is untrue then they are slightly missleading their customers.
The rifle itself is an excellent performer, superb quality and i am very happy with it.
I am currently developing loads for it which so far have not exceeded 1/2 MOA.

Ian.

PS. The group by the way measures .042" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Express, I support you 100 %. That´s the problem in Europe, dealers and importers charge a lot, then convert the figures from $ to €, and still you get no service at all because you have to go through the shop that buys from the dealer.
If you go directly to HS, make sure you arrange it properly lest you end up with no support at all. Now I don´t see how you´l get your money back, since HS has surely received much les than what you paid to Bignani or the shop in Italy.

Good luck.

Have read all of the posts. Express, you have a right to be mad but "IF" you wanted HS to provide the service , why didn't you send the gun directly to them instead of going throught the middle men. You seem to be displeased with the dealer and distributor overseas, why did you continue to deal with them. I have several HS 2000P series handguns and have always had good service and customer support from HS. They have even done repair work on both stocks and actions of HS 2000P's that I bought second hand, no warranty is in efffect on used HS's. This work was at no cost to me HS picked up the tab. As far as the accuracy statement, they do guarantee a 1/2" group for 30 cal and smaller, "with" specific load or factory round. All of mine have exceeded the guarantee, from 223 up to and including my latest, a 300 WSM. I am sorry to hear about your problems but if you want this to be corrected you need to send in your rifle to HS, not have the distributor do it. I deal with Josh for the most part at HS, he has always been honest with me and trys very hard to please.
good luck with the rifle.
hshunter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

HS Hunter, I had to go through the local dealer, then the national importer because thats the beurocratic procedure that I had to follow. It is very difficult to export a firearm as a private citizen from here. Furthermore it would have cost me a substantial amount of money because every bit of paperwork requires tax stamps for it to be valid, plus customs charges, handling, shipping, I would be looking at several hundred Euro.

It's raining heavily here and i have to mount the base rings and scope on the rifle again in order to test it, but tomorrow I have to leave town for a few weeks so it may be a while before I post again.

HS Hunter: I bought a HTR chambered in 257 wby that would not extract properly. The cases would remain in the chamber after they had been fired. I put unfired rounds in the gun and it would extract them maybe 30% of the time. After several phone calls, I finally got to speek with Todd and the gun was sent back. The fixed the problem by putting a different style extractor on the rifle. In the process, they found a flaw on the chamber wall that was not seen before; how it was not noticed, I have no clue. Todd gave me a call and told me about this and they replaced the entire barrel. I have put approximately 150 rounds through it and it consistantly shoot sub 0.5 MOA groups at 100 yards and 0.75MOA groups at 200 yards. I am sorry to hear about your problem and I hope that you are able to get all of the kinks worked out. Keep us posted on how you gun performs.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.