HS precision Barrels?

samson

Does anybody have any experience with the HS Barrels. Are the good for accuracy?

HS are cut riffling ( same process as Krieger or Border ) they are a bit over priced for the quality

In US custom maker I far prefer G Schneider with is new polygonal barrel or PC NOR ( Chris Dichter ) with his 3 grooves barrel .

good shooting

DAN TEC

I didn't think that HS Precision would sell a barrel blank – only rebarrel their rifles? I could be wrong on this though.

Fergus

H-S Precision's Pro-Series and Pro-Series 10X cut-rifled barrels are recognized worldwide for quality and accuracy. Pro-Series barrels are produced only as match grade barrels, meaning end to end barrel uniformity of 0.0002" and exceptional internal finish. The cut rifling process, combined with the hardest 416R stainless steel used by any match grade barrel manufacturer, insures maximum accurate barrel life. Button rifled barrels require a
significant amount of hand lapping to insure uniformity. This lapping procedure rounds the corners of the lands and reduces barrel life. Cut rifled barrels require very little lapping because they are extremely uniform when the rifling process is complete. H-S Precision is the only barrel manufacturer that totally controls all of the manufacturing processes, including the design and manufacture of all tooling such as bore
and chamber reamers, quality control gages and manufacturing fixtures. H-S Precision does not recommend any type of post-manufacturing barrel treatments, such as Cryogenics or other "miracle" treatment processes. We have a fully staffed Quality Assurance Department and maintain quality records on every barrel manufactured.

©H-S PRECISION, INC.1301 TURBINE DRIVE, RAPID CITY, SD 57703(605) 341-3006 TEL, (605) 342-8964 FAX

[ 12-18-2003: Message edited by: Crispin Goodall ]

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.