HS Precision action screws?

ejd049

I picked up a HS Precision PST006 stock for a back up rifle and tried to install. The back action screw goes in find but the front 1 1/4 screw is to short!!! The screw will not catch the action. These are Remington screws for a Remington metal. Does HS Precision stocks come with action screws? Can I get a longer action screw if so where?

Thanks

Try item #118250 from midway and just trim it .its for a savage but the tread is the same as the remington.

I have extra long 1/4-28 guard screws for just this reason. I have them for sale on my website store at Montour County Rifles for $6 a set with free shipping. Here's a photo of them.

GuardScrews2.jpg

GuardScrews1.jpg

Kevin,
Just bought a set for insurance. I bought the stock for 75 bucks with the adjustable l.o.p. stuck fully extended. I talked to HS Precision and they told me to send it back for repair and they well send back some action screws along with the stock. Thanks for the heads up on your action screws.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.