hs precision 7wsm twist rate

djtjr

guys i have a HS Precision PSA 7 wsm and was wondering if anyone knows what the standard barrel twist rate is in that gun from hs? i would like to know so i can see how heavy a bulet i can shoot and still stabilize a vld type bullet.
thanks
d

That's easy enough to check yourself. Clean the rifle as you normally would. You will need the following, a bore guide, cleaning rod with good rotating handle, patches that tightly fit the bore. Run a tight fitting patch thru the bore guide, into the rifling 4" or 5". Measure from the back of the bore guide back 8" and make a mark on top of the rod with a marker. Wrap a piece of tape around the rod if needed so you can make a mark you can see. Make another mark at 9" and another at 10". Pust the patch forward slowly and watch the cleaning rod rotate. Which ever mark comes back up, because of the rotation, is the twist rate. Or,, call H-S , have the serial number ready , they will have a record of how that rifle left their shop.

Very easy to check, call H-S Precision direct and give them your SN. They will give you all the original spec's on the gun unless its been rebarreled.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.