Howdy from Wyoming

sm31

Been in WY for about 5 years. I've always been curious about long range shooting, and since it's basically a way of life around here I thought I'd give it a try... and I LOVE IT. Thanks to this forum, I am going to try my hand at reloading this winter. Thank you again to all the wonderful contributors to this site!

PS: currently shooting a Remington 700LR, 26" bull barrel (1:10 twist), SWFA 12x fixed power scope, & Witt Machine brake. Certainly room for improvement but it's what my pocket book could handle at the time, and it's more than my trigger finger is currently worthy of.

PS: currently shooting a Remington 700LR, 26" bull barrel (1:10 twist), SWFA 12x fixed power scope, & Witt Machine brake. Certainly room for improvement but it's what my pocket book could handle at the time, and it's more than my trigger finger is currently worthy of.

Welcome to LRH. Your gear will get you there. How do you like the Witt Machine brake? Thinking about one for a rifle I'll be putting together soon. I'm a SWFA fan, real good scopes for the money. Enjoy yourself at reloading, it becomes therapeutic...

Don Dunlap

Thanks!

I'm definitely satisfied with the brake. Workmanship is great, and it cuts recoil by at least 40% I'm guessing. Install was very easy too. Was a little nervous the first time I shot with it but I read a lot of great reviews and that helped my confidence. At this point I have no plans to thread the barrel or anything.

I'm really satisatisfied with the scope too. The reticle and overall clarity are perfect for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.