Howdy from SoCal...

Coastalyeti

Been hunting all my life (kinda different for someone in Southern California!)
But, there's lotsa deer here, and in the Siskiyous where I also hunt. I lived in Eastern Oregon for awhile too, near La grande.

I got drawn in to this spot while looking for reviews on Eberlestock packs.
I'm about to take the plunge and get either the J34 'just one'
Or, something slightly smaller and cheaper, like the X1 or Gunrunner,
But I don't know if they are big enough to haul out a deer...
Also, it seems like a great site to learn ideas from other hunters. Especially since down here, most people seem to have lost their natural desire for hunting...
Weird!

Hey, I'm in SoCal/OC area. I bought a Eberlestock pack recently from ebay, but haven't had a chance to sue it yet. I got the Phantom II. I've never been hunting, maybe you can show me the ropes, I would love to learn.

Nguyen

Well brother, I can teach you a Lot about hunting, I can teach you a Little about backpacking, "backpack Hunting" is what I'm here to learn too, I have never combined the two yet. My cousins who grew up in Southern Cali backpack, but are not hunters... Go figure.. I got my son and two daughters and two nephews involved, got them shooting, signed em up for hunters safety classes and took em out hunting, I also took them and all their friends camping, as often as I could. I personally think hunters these days have to get Very serious about getting involved with bringing in new people to hunting, and I'm glad to hear you are interested. PM me and let's see what we can do.
I suggest anyone else nearby who reads this thread step up too, since I work an awful lot, and this is a good opportunity for folks to pitch in and help!

Dana

I'm gonna be in the D16 area. My son and I both have tags. I'm going to try and get up to the San Bernardino mountains for a longshot attempt at bear too.

Dana,
Thank You for the invitation, San Barnardino... I can definitely do that since I live in Santa Ana. I will send you a pm for more info on the trip.

Nguyen

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.