Howdy from central Texas

grog24

Howdy, Im from Boerne, TX (pronounced Burn-EE) and looking forward to participating in the forum. Slew of different guns. Latest itch is a featherweight .284 win in a LA (got to love the heavies with .6x BC)... or maybe kimber mountain ascent in 7mm-08.... anyways, howdy!

Agreed. Super similar... just stuck between building a custom LA Rem 700 (all carbon) that will weigh ~ 6lb (no scope) for a .284 or just buy a kimber ascent in 7mm-08... prices are about the same. Save 1lb for kimber. And in ~500yd and closer hunting, the animal won't know the difference

Really want to combine my love for wilderness backpacking and hunting. Want to do a primitive hike-in elk hunt. That's what my goal is next year (hence the desire to start building or buying a featherweight)

Yes. Opening day I took a spike. Head down harassing a doe. Today my daughter got her first buck on our place.

Attachments

• IMG_1954.JPG
    IMG_1954.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 96
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.