Howdy folks

Anacua_tree

I'm here to introduce myself. I've grown up in south Texas mostly on the Gulf Coast. I'd like to start target practice with a lever action 45-70. I've shot plenty of guns before, hunted plenty of animals too but now I want to start honing my skills with my forever gun-the only gun I'll use to hunt big game in North America with. I did have a 45 70 before but i sold it a while back cause I needed the money. Wasn't sentimental about it just a gun I bought. I did target practice with it a lot so I'm not going in blind as a bat. I've got plenty of ammo for it too. I won't sell so don't ask. If at all possible I'd like to hear (or read as it were) a few opinions of the different brands of lever action 45-70. I'm looking at two manufacturers in specific, Henry and Winchester. I'm looking for quality, durability in my rifle as well as free advice such as what ammo (45 70 grain) to use for certain game such as bison.
Im happy to have joined such a forum, site, community, and such.
I hope I get lots of answers and advice.
Anacua (James)

I'm here to introduce myself. I've grown up in south Texas mostly on the Gulf Coast. I'd like to start target practice with a lever action 45-70. I've shot plenty of guns before, hunted plenty of animals too but now I want to start honing my skills with my forever gun-the only gun I'll use to hunt big game in North America with. I did have a 45 70 before but i sold it a while back cause I needed the money. Wasn't sentimental about it just a gun I bought. I did target practice with it a lot so I'm not going in blind as a bat. I've got plenty of ammo for it too. I won't sell so don't ask. If at all possible I'd like to hear (or read as it were) a few opinions of the different brands of lever action 45-70. I'm looking at two manufacturers in specific, Henry and Winchester. I'm looking for quality, durability in my rifle as well as free advice such as what ammo (45 70 grain) to use for certain game such as bison.
Im happy to have joined such a forum, site, community, and such.
I hope I get lots of answers and advice.
Anacua (James)
Well howdy and welcome to the forum from Tennessee