howa rifles

I saw where they are going to market a rifle in 300 prc.any one ever have used one of there rifles.also I heard that weatherby vanguards are made by them.
gary b
I have one in 300 WM, it's my go-to hunting rifle. I love it. I had it bedded, and a trigger job, for the price you'll be happy.

I wa told by a bench rest shooter HOWA actions make a good platform. Obviously you think the same?

For benchrest? Oh hell naw. I'd be looking at Bat Machine for a true benchrest action. Howa might be liked by some severely budget constrained BR shooters for the flat bottom on the receiver but I would not expect to find Howa's on a BR line basically ever.

I, personally, like the general setup of the Howa for my use cases. The M16 type extractor, the 1 piece bolt body, 3 position top-right mounted safety, smooth bolt cycling. What I don't like is the super short tenon, the recessed breech face or the metric threads. I actually got the rifle only because I was able to get the chassis. The chassis I have it in has an adjustable pistol grip position and when it was released there were no chassis available in the USA that had such a feature. It helps me get my finger perfectly at 90deg to the trigger face every time. The rifle is actually set up as a mixed use gun. I use it for F-class (replace the brake with a thread protector) and as my backup gun for PRS and my primary gun for NRA Sporting Rifle competition.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts