Howa/Remington Action Threads

Indyultra

I have a Howa Actioned muzzleloader and want to change the action to a Remington action, can the threads from the barrel be recut for the remington action or can the Remington Action be recut to the barrel? Or do I need to get a new barrel

Howa threads are 1.5 Metric and can be recut to 1.062 +0.010, however it is kinda sloppy looking and I wouldn't really recommend doing it....I did it once on a Howa as an experiment.
Your post isn't real clear...you want to put the Howa barrel on the Rem or the Remmy barrel on the Howa?

Hey Chris, I have a Ultimate MuzzleLoader, Its a Howa Action with a Lothar Walther Barrel, I'm not real happy with the way the Howa action is designed and want to change it out with a Remngton Action. So can the Threads on the barrel be recutto fit the remy action? Thanks Chris

Can you afford to loose that much length with the barrel taper?

Your powder column gets faily long especially when you figure in the length of the breechplug.

When I put a Krieger barrel on my Savage Muzzleloader I went with a 1 1/4 dia. barrel and a straight taper.

edge.

What problems do you have with the Howa action? I have two guns built on Weatherby vanguard action(same thing) and love them , they are both as smooth as the Rem , have a nice flat bedding surface with built on lug , decient trigger and the M-16 style extractor

Don't think I would have enough for the breach plug to cut off the threads. The problem I am seeing is that when tighting down the stock the action gets pulled down into the lug recess, I'll have to bed the gun better to prevent this, Figured with the alumiunm chassis this wouldn't be a problem but it is. Thanks for your help.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.