Howa mini actions?

I just bought a Howa Mini in 223 with a 22" barrel and walnut stock from GB.I want it for a walk around Varmint rifle .This has the floor plate , no extended mag.I never had a mini before but the full size 1500`s were stupid accurate for the money.
A mini with a factory box magazine, not a detachable magazine. Is that new for 2023? Plastic or metal? Sure would like a pic if possible.

Buddy works for CZ USA, the reason given for changing up all their bolt guns designs was money in a way. Tooling =$$$$$, scuttle butt was all the tooling and machines were totally worn out a d had been rebuilt numerous times.

Sounds like a good reason to go all CNC, then simplify everything. (Not any better) simple and cheaper.

I have had several CZ's over the years, have not shed a tear over the 527's leaving my stable, replaced with the Mini.
Only regret on a CZ is not buying a drop dead gorgeous 550 in 505 Gibbs.

Good afternoon guys, do you guys that own or have owned howa mini actions like them? I'm looking to buy a .223 caliber bolt gun and was considering buying a howa mini. Use will just be target practice at 100-600 yards, maybe some predator hunting. I am also considering buying a Tikka in .223 as I have a Tikka and love it. The gun store could not find any Tikka .223 in stock so I would have to find someone with one and have it transferred if I went that route so that's half the reason I'm debating the howa mini. Brownells has barreled howa mini actions on sale for just under 400 bucks right now..
I did a Howa with Boyds stock glass bedded and Timney trigger very accurate. The Tikka action is far too long for the .223 rounds, they only have one length action. You have this large magazine with tiny rounds jammed towards the front.

I have a Timney in one of mine, but only because I wanted a lower weight than I felt comfortable trying to set the OEM trigger. The other rifle has the stock trigger and it is very nice. I see no need to change it for that rifle's intended field use. If only other rifle mfg's would build their triggers like it. If they did the aftermarket trigger market would shrink considerably.

A mini with a factory box magazine, not a detachable magazine. Is that new for 2023? Plastic or metal? Sure would like a pic if possible.

Buddy works for CZ USA, the reason given for changing up all their bolt guns designs was money in a way. Tooling =$$$$$, scuttle butt was all the tooling and machines were totally worn out a d had been rebuilt numerous times.

Sounds like a good reason to go all CNC, then simplify everything. (Not any better) simple and cheaper.

I have had several CZ's over the years, have not shed a tear over the 527's leaving my stable, replaced with the Mini.
Only regret on a CZ is not buying a drop dead gorgeous 550 in 505 Gibbs.
I still have a couple cz's that I do not shoot since I started buying the Howa mini's. I think the howa is a better build other than the magazine release and that can be changed out with aftermarket or modified with a stiffer spring and cutting it down a bit.
I don't like the backwards safety on the cz's . I've actually been contemplating getting rid of the cz 527's.

What timney trigger are you putting in your Howa Mini? I emailed Timney this morning and this is the reply that I got from them
"We do not recommend our trigger be used in that Howa Mini, my friend. Some have told us they modified our trigger to get it to fit but we assume it takes quite a bit of work to do that and thus, we do not recommend."

Well now you've got me questioning what I put in that rifle. I was sure that it was a Timney until you asked. It attached just like it was supposed to be there, no mods needed at all.

will the JARD trigger fit the Oregun bottom metal Hinged floor plate?
Just looking at pictures I would say no. I have their bottom metal on order and a Jard trigger so when I get it I will tell you how much, if any, modification it takes. I would think it would need the trigger opening extended like the plastic factory stuff. Could be a while, seems the springs are on backorder.

Finally got the Oregun bottom metal fit. Took some filing but not bad.

FB1F1818-9AA0-44D2-9C2D-0B2159A86DF3.jpeg

Good afternoon guys, do you guys that own or have owned howa mini actions like them? I'm looking to buy a .223 caliber bolt gun and was considering buying a howa mini. Use will just be target practice at 100-600 yards, maybe some predator hunting. I am also considering buying a Tikka in .223 as I have a Tikka and love it. The gun store could not find any Tikka .223 in stock so I would have to find someone with one and have it transferred if I went that route so that's half the reason I'm debating the howa mini. Brownells has barreled howa mini actions on sale for just under 400 bucks right now..
Buy one...never look back and throw it in Mdt oryx stock!