Howa mini actions?

Yes, I got mine from gunzonedeals.com. My only complaint I did not get an email it had shipped, but it shipped less than 48 hours after my FFL sent them a copy of their license. You can get notifications when they are back in stock, but move quickly.

Good afternoon guys, do you guys that own or have owned howa mini actions like them? I'm looking to buy a .223 caliber bolt gun and was considering buying a howa mini. Use will just be target practice at 100-600 yards, maybe some predator hunting. I am also considering buying a Tikka in .223 as I have a Tikka and love it. The gun store could not find any Tikka .223 in stock so I would have to find someone with one and have it transferred if I went that route so that's half the reason I'm debating the howa mini. Brownells has barreled howa mini actions on sale for just under 400 bucks right now..
Built one out in 6.5 Grendel for my daughter a few years ago, she loves it. I don't like two stage triggers.

I can't speak to the Howa, but I've got a target 223 that is the most fun gun I own. My recommendation is build it!

I reload for mine and I only shoot in good weather. It is with out a doubt the best money I've spent on the sport of shooting...

Rifle:
Rem 700SA trued
21" Bartlein 1-7 standard target
223 wylde chamber
Timney Trigger
Choate Stock, bedded
Bushnell elite 6-24x50 FFP
nightfore aluminum one-peice 20moa bases
This is a 14lb gun-LOL

Load:
75gr ELD match
Lapua brass, neck size only
23.8gr varget
.010 off the lands

This thing has produced bug holes @100yds, 5/8" @200yds, 5-6" @ 600yds, and I busted my first milk jug @ 1000yds with this thing (I have a lot more work to do at 1k)...

Best of luck!
HW

Anyone here ever compared the Howa mini to the old Mauser mini? I've wondered if the mauser is worth the cost increase......detachable mag aside just the feel and quality.
The CZ mini mauser is far better built rifle than the Howa, it's single set trigger that can be set as low as couple of ounces. My trigger un set is 1# 9 ozs. Set is 6 ozs.

My son had a 6.5 Grendel in a chassis type stock that I shot a bit. I didn't like the magazine set up. My experience was that cycling the bolt to load and extract cartridges was hampered by the magazine design. I occasionally had to fiddle with the magazine to get things to work. I wanted a mini action but that soured me on the Howa option. That said, a mini action fitted with Oregon gunsmithing flush magazine looks very promising. (I would have to go with their carbon fiber stock as well).

Anyone else have issues with the stock Howa magazine? Are the metal flush magazine options as good as they look?
Yeah! If you can get real bottom metal and get it tightened properly the feeding issues will stop. Get the plastic bottom tightened right and feeding problems stop!

Good afternoon guys, do you guys that own or have owned howa mini actions like them? I'm looking to buy a .223 caliber bolt gun and was considering buying a howa mini. Use will just be target practice at 100-600 yards, maybe some predator hunting. I am also considering buying a Tikka in .223 as I have a Tikka and love it. The gun store could not find any Tikka .223 in stock so I would have to find someone with one and have it transferred if I went that route so that's half the reason I'm debating the howa mini. Brownells has barreled howa mini actions on sale for just under 400 bucks right now..
As I read about your rifle builds and the pleasure you have in building accuracy by matching and modifying the component parts of the makers' arts, I feel a deep sense of loss. We were once able to participate in so many of these things. I have a very simple old .22 rimfire (single shot, bolt action, 9" barrel, Drulov, an Olympic Freestyle target pistol) that I have bought and paid for, but because of the fear and ignorance that Media and activism have spread among urban voters and academia, I am unable to finish obtaining the Government permissions to complete the process and obtain the thing. Half a thousand dollars' worth of specialty low-power target pistol cannot transfer from my FFL's into my own hands, not because of any special danger to anybody, but because of the fear engendered in the hearts of the ignorant, the masses who blindly forbid any gun from being transferred in the State of Oregon, at any price, without the State's certification and approval.
I think of the many intrusions into our lives that come from purchasing fuel, planting and harvesting crops, taking water from the clouds and from the earth, building our homes, making a shirt, preparing a simple meal. There is an ever-tightening noose around the necks of each of us, The People, that goes unrecognized until the components of the trap unite and all the Powers of The State are brought down upon us.
I am not overstating this. I live in what was once one of the most free State in the most free nation in the known galaxy. But there are many who can neither recognize tyranny nor live their own lives without inflicting it upon others. Portland, Oregon.

As I read about your rifle builds and the pleasure you have in building accuracy by matching and modifying the component parts of the makers' arts, I feel a deep sense of loss. We were once able to participate in so many of these things. I have a very simple old .22 rimfire (single shot, bolt action, 9" barrel, Drulov, an Olympic Freestyle target pistol) that I have bought and paid for, but because of the fear and ignorance that Media and activism have spread among urban voters and academia, I am unable to finish obtaining the Government permissions to complete the process and obtain the thing. Half a thousand dollars' worth of specialty low-power target pistol cannot transfer from my FFL's into my own hands, not because of any special danger to anybody, but because of the fear engendered in the hearts of the ignorant, the masses who blindly forbid any gun from being transferred in the State of Oregon, at any price, without the State's certification and approval.
I think of the many intrusions into our lives that come from purchasing fuel, planting and harvesting crops, taking water from the clouds and from the earth, building our homes, making a shirt, preparing a simple meal. There is an ever-tightening noose around the necks of each of us, The People, that goes unrecognized until the components of the trap unite and all the Powers of The State are brought down upon us.
I am not overstating this. I live in what was once one of the most free State in the most free nation in the known galaxy. But there are many who can neither recognize tyranny nor live their own lives without inflicting it upon others. Portland, Oregon.
Time to leave.