howa info

midmo

Does anyone know of a forum for howa rifles? I have looked with no success. I am just looking for more info on these rifles snd i am looking to hear what other experiences are with them.

Mid, there are several brands identical to the Howard, like the Weatherby Vanguard etc. this forum has a lot of members owing them. Try your questions here, you may not need look elsewhere. Good luck

What are changes people made to the rifle? I have a hogue stock but im not too sure about it. The foregrip seems flimsy. What things did people changed that were successful?

What are changes people made to the rifle? I have a hogue stock but im not too sure about it. The foregrip seems flimsy. What things did people changed that were successful?

Bell & Carlson Medalist stock.
Timney trigger.
Bed the rifle to the stock, floating the barrel.

Done.

You'll have one heck of a shooter you can take anywhere.

Having said that, I've bedded two of them (recol lugs) to Hogue stocks with good success.

I agree with Dr Vette. It might shoot OK without bedding the B&C Medalist and if you do bed it, make sure it's a stress free bedding job or have someone who knows what they're doing do it. I did get a Manners stock for one of mine, but if you do that, call Manners and let them know you want a stock that is shaped and inletted around the tang for a Howa.

Also, I have been able to adjust the triggers down to about a crisp 1 1/2 lbs but the Timney's are a step up. One of mine wears a Timney, the rest stock triggers and the new Vanguard triggers are two stage with three position safeties. However, the new triggers (if the Howa's even have them) cannot be adjusted below about 3 lbs pull. If you want less you will probably have to take it to a smith who knows how to do that. Otherwise, just get a Timney and be done with it. You might be able to get a few bucks for the stock trigger.

Mid, I put a Timney on a Vanguard S1 which was very easy to install. Called
Timney to specify the pull be set at 2 1/4 #. After installing I had a perfect 2 1/4# three position trigger. +1 for the B&C Medallist stock bedded. While waiting for the stock to arrive the owner had the barrel cryogenic-treated just to see if it helped. Good luck

Thanks for the info. I have the 2 stage trigger and yhe 3 position i will save up for the stock and timney

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts