howa axiom stock

billy_bigbore

I will start off by saying Canadian gun laws suck.

I bought a Howa Axiom 22-250 with the assumption the stock would be adjustable, however, in Canada rifles with adjustable stocks are considered military weapons (or at least thats what I have been told). Needless to say the stock has had the adjusting lever removed before it came across the border and and the stock has been fixed with an allen key.

The stock is very long as it is now. It looks as though a person could remove the butt piece drill a new hole and reinsert the the allen key. My only question is if it would be strong enought without any reinforcements.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I will start off by saying Canadian gun laws suck.

I bought a Howa Axiom 22-250
The stock is very long as it is now. It looks as though a person could remove the butt piece drill a new hole and reinsert the the allen key. My only question is if it would be strong enought without any reinforcements.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

billy, a 22-250 isnt a big boomer. I''m sure that with a substatial allen screw you would be OK. 90 percent of the recoil is absorbed over the pistol grip at the connection between the butt and fore arm. At lest thats where the larger spring is located on mine. Theres another smaller one in the tube but it doesnt account for much recoil. I say go ahead, you own it. Fit it like you want

This doesn't help with your problem but there are no laws in Canada that prohibit adjustable stocks. I have several, I know many people that own them and if you look in any Canadian gunshop you will certainly find them. Whoever told you that is feeding you a line of bull.

*Did a little research and it looks like the US Export Laws prohibit that particular stock from going over the border unmodified due to being classified as military. Apparently there are some places in the UK that get them unmodified and you might be able to get the components you need from there. Just a thought.

-John

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.