Howa anyone?

The barrel is a shilen off of a remington build I had done a while ago and I was trying to measure what the shank diameter would need to be on the howa.

With the bushing what do they actually bush is it the entire bolt or the interior of the bolt can you give me some more insight its a new concept for me but makes sense.

thanks john

The barrel is a shilen off of a remington build I had done a while ago and I was trying to measure what the shank diameter would need to be on the howa.

With the bushing what do they actually bush is it the entire bolt or the interior of the bolt can you give me some more insight its a new concept for me but makes sense.

thanks john

Its not going to work sell the barrel brother

Bushing a bolt is done with about 1/2" wide bushing right behind the lugs and under the rear bridge. The tightens up the bolt slop so it stays square with the bolt raceway centerline during lockup.

Going to resurrect and ask if the bushing or sleeving for a howa bolt is done in one piece (bolt handle removed) or a split blushing? Read an article on benchrest.com about busing the area of the receiver just in front of the lugs.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.