Howa 1500 stock recon

TheDugg

Hi! My first post on this outstanding forum. I've spotted a Howa 1500 on the net but cannot recon what stock it is? neither could the seller :D I've searched the net but I cant find anything similiar. So what do you think? is it an old original stock or an aftermarket? If anyone know what it is please tell me if its worth keeping (lets say stiffer than a T3 synthetic stock or atleast as good)

Attachments

• 77026_487.JPG
    77026_487.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 92
If you're already entertaining the idea of replacing the stock then buy it and worry about that when it is in hand. You could always try to negotiate a lower price due to the unknown.

If you're already entertaining the idea of replacing the stock then buy it and worry about that when it is in hand. You could always try to negotiate a lower price due to the unknown.

Thats true. Just curious about the stock, and it will be a long way for me to pick it up.

Hard to say for sure, but it doesn't look like the hogue rubbery stocks that many shipped with. I'd think aftermarket stock.

I have a Howa 1500 thumbhole supreme varminter that has a black synthetic thumbhole stock that was made 10-15 years ago and it looks similar to that stock except for the thumbhole part. During that time I think Howa was using boyd's stocks. I have 2 of the rifles, one is a laminate stock and the other is a synthetic stock, and they are identical in shape and design.

I have a Howa 1500 thumbhole supreme varminter that has a black synthetic thumbhole stock that was made 10-15 years ago and it looks similar to that stock except for the thumbhole part. During that time I think Howa was using boyd's stocks. I have 2 of the rifles, one is a laminate stock and the other is a synthetic stock, and they are identical in shape and design.

Interesting, thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts