• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Howa 1500 30-06 to trade

Blancoalex

Have Howa 1500 30-06 that has Weatherby Vanguard stock. Want to trade for Rem 700 action 223 or 308 boltface. Only want action to build another rifle.
20170710_203549.jpeg

Buy a long Remington action from Brownells. I did (in stainless) in 2012 for about $580...

There are so many great custom actions in the 800-1000 dollar range why get a remington?
If you must get a Rem look here

Thanks Capt RB , building rifles is just hobby for me. Was looking for new project to start. I would even be happy with Howa,Ruger, or Winchester short action as I have lots of extra parts and own machine shop with needed tooling.

Alex

Was looking for new project to start. I would even be happy with Howa, Ruger, or Winchester short action...
Are you considering a wildcat? Would you consider a wildcat? I've got one in mind for myself, but further progress will require funds I do not have at this time. Medical problems have kept me on the sidelines for many months.

My concept will be a 6.5mm on a short action. There is really no world-shaking reason to build it beyond just my desire to build a "correct" rifle after my first two wildcats that "should have had this thing from the start, and that thing there should have never been built onto it." We all make mistakes in our lives but like marriage, a mistake on a rifle can be expensive to make right...

In addition to the ORIGIN action, Bighorn also makes a sweet one they've so named the TL3. I want one because it can be had with a lefty bolt and a righty ejection. I'm lefthanded; I sit on the right side of the rifle. I want an action that will eject the shell to where I can place my right hand directly under the ejection port and catch the spent shell before it goes zinging-off to some point multiple feet to my right and behind. Beats having to crawl around under the benches to my right to collect my brass during target-check periods. It's not a massive problem when I shoot way out there in the desert with a friend or two, but it's a pain in the assets at a public range.

Last edited:
If you set on a stock Remington 700 S/A, Gunbroker has them listed.

This one is Brand New from Outdoor Liquidators for $340.76 plus $5.95 shipped to your FFL, with no CC fees.

www.gunbroker.com/item/854384401

It comes with a, in my opinion worthless, Remington X-Mark Pro trigger. You'll still need to purchase a recoil lug for it separately and I would suggest an aftermarket trigger of your choice for it as well.

Gunbrokers has other opions, including S/A Stainless available as well, from multiple sellers.

Recent Posts