Howa 1500 .223Rem, 2020 model, Trigger adjustments

Matt Rogers

Hi,Im new to this forum and I am in need of some help with this large amount of creep and how to adjust the trigger.
Could any please help me out.
Thanks
Matt.

Go to YouTube and type in (Howa 1500 trigger adjustment.) You will learn how to do it but I would suggest you go to a gun smith or if a good after market truly adjustable trigger is available . GET ONE.

I just checked and Timney makes a trigger for the HOWA. Best way to fix your trigger.

Hi,Im new to this forum and I am in need of some help with this large amount of creep and how to adjust the trigger.
Could any please help me out.
Thanks
Matt.
Matt, I think what you are experiencing is the 2-stage trigger. I put the pad of my trigger finger on the trigger which takes up the first stage until it hits the point that it feels like a standard single stage trigger. Then squeeze like i normally would and break the shot. Let me know if that is not what you are experiencing, if it is indeed the second stage that is creepy as well. My experience with that trigger has been excellent. I really like them. If you want to get rid of it and replace it with a single stage let me know. I can send you a series 1 trigger that's been to a gunsmith.

Vanguard may be one of the easiest rifles to replace the trigger on if you go with a Timney. It's just one screw, really simple. My Timney needed some adjustment when I got it which surprised me.

From my experience with a Vanguard, if the two are the same, the pre 2 stage trigger adjustment just will not take out 100% of the creep. It will be shootable, and it won't creep with every shot, but it would probably be a wise move to replace the factory trigger.

Howa also makes Weatherby Vanguard's barreled actions. Legacy Sports out of Reno imports the Howa barreled actions and puts them in Stocks or Chassis and sells them to distributors. Their Howa rifles are guaranteed to shoot sub MOA and all have a very solid safe action. The triggers are their newer two stage adjustable trigger. If you don't like the pull weight of your trigger then it can be adjusted. If you do it yourself you will void the lifetime warrantee on the rifle. When you pull the action out of the stock you will see a glob of white caulk on the trigger adjustment. So if you fiddle with the trigger and send it back to them, they will know. (sort of a tamper seal) If you want it adjusted contact Legacy Sports, they will then take it down the street to Reno Gunsmithing (they do all their gunsmithing) so you will keep your warrantee on the rilfe. Or take it to your local gunsmith and have an aftermarket trigger installed.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.