How would a Recession affect your LRH spending?

How would a Recession affect your LRH spending?

• Cut spending by 25%

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Cut spending by 50%

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Cut spending by 75%

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Cut spending more than 75%

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Spending on LRH would halt

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
Inflation is absolutely tied to an increase of gov't spending, but it does depend on on how and when that money is spent. Inflation is pretty nuanced, but to say that it is not tied to spending is incorrect.
Its tied to spending. I specifically said that. You can say its the government that spent it by giving it out to people but if those people did not turn around and spend it, it would not have resulted in rising inflation. Demand can't keep up with supply. I believe it is called demand-pull inflation?

I was going to take advantage of Black Friday deals to start accumulating parts for a 6.5x47 PRS build. I decided against it, partly because you can't get lapua brass, partly because you can't get Varget, partly because you can't get primers. I thought a recession meant people weren't buying up all the stuff?

I have noticed that the hyper-inflated ammunition prices have dropped slightly in the last few months. If we ever get some predictable stability again, prices could come down.

I was going to take advantage of Black Friday deals to start accumulating parts for a 6.5x47 PRS build. I decided against it, partly because you can't get lapua brass, partly because you can't get Varget, partly because you can't get primers. I thought a recession meant people weren't buying up all the stuff?
No, it means that there is a supply shortage so everyone is charging more.

Not necessarily.

I am well over 40K in the last 14 mos buying and shooting 22LR.
You spent 40k on glorified dry fire...:oops:
I'm only joking, but I seriously could not justify that for rim fire. I do have a done up Tikka, I could even justify the price of a Vudoo if I shot it more but 40k in 14 months is aggressive.

I get to write off all my fuel and the price is still sickening up here.

I have noticed that the hyper-inflated ammunition prices have dropped slightly in the last few months. If we ever get some predictable stability again, prices could come down.
I have noticed that also. Things like 9mm, 223, and 308 started dropping before anything else. 9mm almost seems to be back to pre-pandemic prices. Its ammo like 35 whelen and 45/70 that may take years to get back to normal.

Back on subject.

I'll decrease consumption of consumables, specifically on big boomers.

Odd aspect is my wife and I graduated undergrad at the start of the last recession. Is was a tough time for everyone and we spent the next decade and change getting to a place where we'd never be in that spot again. Between my protein production and capacity of the trades, I'll survive and if not the health oc credentials that are still current. Wife's job will be cut right before we stop eating food as a species and just before the undertakers run out of work.

I'll probably increase overall spending on shooting equipment in the next few years. But that has more to do with hitting a different point in my career.

You spent 40k on glorified dry fire...:oops:
I'm only joking, but I seriously could not justify that for rim fire. I do have a done up Tikka, I could even justify the price of a Vudoo if I shot it more but 40k in 14 months is aggressive.

I get to write off all my fuel and the price is still sickening up here.
LOL, hold on, this is 6 rifles, expensive scopes. Vudoo and Rim X. Ammo bill closer to 9K. I have retained some liquid assets here, lol

The draining of the SPR to artificially lower prices at the pump is nothing to be happy about.
I am always going to be happy when gas prices go down. The white house claims they are lowering gas prices by as much as 40 cents a gallon. Do you believe them? Depending on how you look at things politically, thats a trick question because you either have to admit that they lowered gas prices that much which you don't want to do or they are over exaggerating to make themselves look good and gas prices won't jump nearly that much when they stop which you don't want to admit either. Again, that just depends on your politics. I have a tendency to believe they are over exaggerating about how much they are saving us at the pump to make themselves out to be the hero. When they stop, gas prices will probably jump 30 cents a gallon and then start slowly going back down.

Sorry, I will get back on topic but anytime you mention the recession, people are going to go off on the economics. That being said, I have been rationing my shooting for the last 3 years because of the lack of ammo and components. I even built a 308 hunting rifle so I could find hunting ammo. All my other hunting rifles are in the safe collecting dust because of the lack of ammo. I actually just bought a savage 17 hmr bolt action for plinking out to 200yds.