How/when do I order .270 AI (wildcat dies)

We seem to have the same likes in cartridges, there's two 35 Whelens in the safe also. I've done a lot of reading on the .270 AI, and yes I've read what Ackley wrote about the .270 not worth the AI because he considered the cartridge already overbore. Well that was 50+ years ago, and powders have come a long way since then. My question is how come the .280AI is toted as the latest break through in the 7mm range, it's got .007 thousands larger bore, and that's not considered overbore? I personally spoke with Ackley's son in law who told me that he and his son both have.270AI, and love them. Is the 6.5-06 overbore, or the 26 Nosler overbore with the amount of powder it uses? If I couldn't get the.270AI built, it in all likelihood been a.270 Winchester build. I figure that if I'm happy with.270 Winchester ballistics, whatever Improved results I get is worth the build to me. I strongly believe that to get the results/improvement out of the.270AI, you need the 26 inch barrel to do it. My build has a 26 inch Lilja barrel on the Ruger 77 tang safety action. I'm using this rifle for deer and hopefully antelope. I'm thinking 140-150 grain bullets, although I like the 130 grain in the.270. I've read estimates that Improving the .270 will render only 5-7%, for
Me that's 5-7% better ballistics over what I consider to be already good ballistics! I'm a bit away from putting the build together, when I finally get to shoot this rifle and chrony it I'll
let you know. Your ID name is easy to remember. Presently my rifles are at least two months away, and another two to three months for the Whidden dies.
Look forward to hearing how they do.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.