How to reset scope to factory zero?

Sounds to me like the answer to your question is sight it in, go have fun enjoy shooting. When you get your reloading equipment and get a load worked up, you'll adjust your zero. You can "slip" your turrets or not it doesnt make much difference. I have the same scope, I've been slowly working on a load, shooting with and without magnetospeed strapped on. I typically dont mess with the turrets at all, but I've made a few adjustments, then just snapped a picture with my phone so I can reference before I shoot again. Thing is at this stage of the game we dont really care if POI matches POA, what we care about is group size and consistency. Once you lock in on a load that you're committed to, meaning loading up 100 or more, then set your turrets and zero stops and all that fancy stuff.

Sounds to me like the answer to your question is sight it in, go have fun enjoy shooting. When you get your reloading equipment and get a load worked up, you'll adjust your zero. You can "slip" your turrets or not it doesnt make much difference. I have the same scope, I've been slowly working on a load, shooting with and without magnetospeed strapped on. I typically dont mess with the turrets at all, but I've made a few adjustments, then just snapped a picture with my phone so I can reference before I shoot again. Thing is at this stage of the game we dont really care if POI matches POA, what we care about is group size and consistency. Once you lock in on a load that you're committed to, meaning loading up 100 or more, then set your turrets and zero stops and all that fancy stuff.

Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately haven't got to use the Viper yet, let alone any turret adjustable scope -- excited! How do you like the scope so far?

I like it at mid power, mine is 5x24ish whichever one comes in around those numbers (some vortex wise man will be along to correct me if I'm wrong ;)). If I go to full power you can start to see the reason why people say buy expensive scopes. I dont own any so have nothing to compare to, but at 16x-18x in failing light (say right as sun dips below horizon, in a brush covered field with 35ft canopy) I can still spot .308 shots on a target at 100yds. At 24x it's too washed out/dim/grainy looking to be able to see clearly. Overall as a 300yd and closer hunting scope I got no complaints. Havent had the opportunity yet to do much shooting past that so cant really comment on long range capabilities.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.