How To Make A Coyote Laugh

ADMIN

Administrator
I thought I would approach Len's request for a coyote article a little differently this time. Rather than talk about what works and why, I thought I would dig deep in the mass of mush to come up with my first and biggest fail in the coyote fields.

Here's how it all began. The calls had arrived! I opened the little plastic box to find 3 fresh smelling wooden calls in the box, shipped from the Gander Mountain Catalog. I donned my musty smelling woodland coveralls, grabbed the only rifle I owned, a Marlin bolt action 22 magnum, and headed out the door…
Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, How To Make A Coyote Laugh, By Jim See. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Your story reminds me of .. well... me. In 1965 I bought a fox call direct from Burnam Bros in TX. As you said, one page of directions, no internet, no videos, just that it had to sound like a baby crying. Well I must not have heard the correct babies. Jim and I went to the river, set back to back and I started calling. Soon Jim started to shake, then I did too. We were laughing harder with each squak or squeel I made. WHAT KIND OF A DUMB A** COYOTE OR FOX WOULD COME TO ANYTHING THAT SOUNDED SO STUPID AS THIS. And none did. A big hawk did land in a tree not far away and study us so maybe we weren't quite as bad as we thought.

Also!... I had with me a .303 Brit that I "personally" ordered and bought out of the back of Outdoor Life. I guess those days are gone :cool:

That hunt was not exactly my best hunt but I still remember it and smile each time I do. Thanks

That was freakin hilarious, I maybe peed a little, laughin at it. :D
Growin up in east Texas on a good size ranch, I can't imagine coyotes being a novelty. I knew the local pack's howl as well as my mother's voice.

I was about 11-13 years old my friend's father woke as we heard coyotes yipping outside. They had a large farm and coyotes often preyed upon chickens, rabbits and even a few cats. They coyotes had been killing the rabbits in their hutches but biting their feet through the wire flooring. He was loading his very old Winchester 30-30 and pulled back the hammer inside the house. His thumb slipped off and he discharged a round through the wall shooting off the doorbell that was sparking and smoking. Funny as it was it was a great lesson for me to see "NO LOADING WEAPONS IN THE HOUSE!"

I try to get in a good story befor starting my day out here in Eastern Oregon,this one was a good one,the humor put me in a good mood and I thank the author!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.