How to join this site without using Pay Pal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobinpa

The title pretty much says it all..... I want to join and support the site but when I went to pay with a card it directed me to create a Pay Pal account which I will not do. I feel Pay Pal is anti gun so I refuse to use them. How do I join without using them?

I had the same problem, ended up with a Pay Pal account that I don't use and probably never will. I "think" that when the payment page comes up, there's a place where you can select a credit card to make a payment. I agree that it would be a whole lot more convenient to be able to use a credit card instead of Pay Pal.

When I clicked on the "join" tab, I selected "pay with a credit card but at the end, it won't let you finish without creating a PP account. Frustrating.... I hope I am missing something.

As much as I hated it I created an account just to support this site and that is all it is ever use for one transaction a year is not helping them that much

Close the PP account a couple days after you're confirmed as a member or when the funds post to your CC account from pending status.

I believe Len answered this last year. Not sure if a search would find it or not.

I appreciate you guys trying to help.... It would be nice to be able to just mail a check. I just won't use PP. I don't believe in their views on things so IMO, they don't deserve to even know I exist and I'm not giving them my info. Even if I delete my account when I'm done, they still have my info...... It's not that I am afraid or paranoid of them knowing me, It's just principals. I say I'm not supporting them so I'm not going to worm around about it, I'm just not doing it. Hopefully there is a work around...

We use PayPal as the secure transaction for memberships. You are not required to have an account with them to process payment. Unfortunately at this time, we are not accepting alternative payments. Thank you for your consideration and being a member here at LRH.

Chris, Thanks for your help.... Apparently I am missing something. After seeing your post, I tried it again. I clicked "join the LRH team then clicked the "subscribe with a debit or credit card", input my info and at the bottom of the screen when I am ready to commit, I get the PP fields are required. Please see the attached. If this is the case then it looks like you need to have a PP account password to join. Correct if I am wrong so I can join and support you guys.
Thanks Bob
LRH account.JPG

Chris, Thanks for your help.... Apparently I am missing something. After seeing your post, I tried it again. I clicked "join the LRH team then clicked the "subscribe with a debit or credit card", input my info and at the bottom of the screen when I am ready to commit, I get the PP fields are required. Please see the attached. If this is the case then it looks like you need to have a PP account password to join. Correct if I am wrong so I can join and support you guys.
Thanks Bob
View attachment 184012

If you look through the link above your post it tells you how to pay with PP if you don't have a PP account. It does require that the LRH folks send an invoice to your email addy. If it's done differently then maybe LRH will re-post as to how you are supposed to go about it.

If you read his post, Chris just said that they only take pp.

You can be a member without supporting, if you are able to post, you are a member- just not a supporting member.

Only way to be a supporting member right now is to pay through PayPal so if you refuse to enter your info into the PayPal payment form, then you cant support.

Status
Not open for further replies.