How to harden schools.

Any one system can be defeated many good suggestions here I would just like to point out whatever is done needs to be done in layers multiple systems backing up each other
That's why I listed three items in my system. I wouldn't be opposed to including more if they were functional. Like secured schoolyards and driveways.

They used to teach about gun safety in public schools in the 50's and 60's.
I'm old enough to remember guns sitting in the gun racks of trucks at school to go shooting or hunting after school.
That was the 50's and 60's. I guess after all of the assassinations and the guy in the tower in Texas, everything changed so by the 80's that did not exist on campus.

People talk like gun free zones in schools is new and some liberal idea. I thought schools were always gun free zones. I think it just got politicized. I went to to college in the 80's on a campus that was in a small rural town in TN. They made us take a year of PE. I took a handgun class. The first day of class they had a police officer come in and give a lecture. One of the first things he said was that it was illegal to have firearms on campus in any school in the state of TN. After that class we got to meet at the range and shoot. I also took riflery, trap and skeet, and archery. I don't know that they still offer those classes. There was a shooting range about 5 miles off campus.
I had an "explosives" class in community College in CA, they tought you all about explosive devices, how to make explosives, set them, etc-- we even covered the 2 part explosive that was used by McVey-- at the end of the semester we went to an explosives depot in the desert and actually got to use blasting caps, tnt, det cord, c4, shape charges, and liquid 2 part explosives.

Times have changed-- you'll never see that class offered in public schools again I'm sure

Ever been in one of those Hellhole countries where they have a guard posted right inside by the menu board? He's got an over the shoulder strap and a machine pistol and a cheesy green fatigue outfit and it's only grande Macs and cash register he's protecting. Didn't feel a bit safer tho.
But you didn't try robbing the till either

I agree but here the rub, most won't go to the school boards to voice this opinion. We see what is being pushed as a solution. Until parents go to the school boards and become the major voice calling for this we'll see more of the same.
You are exactly right and I agree with you, but especially nowadays with this administration, there's a threat of being on a domestic terrorist watch list

They used to teach about gun safety in public schools in the 50's and 60's.
I'm old enough to remember guns sitting in the gun racks of trucks at school to go shooting or hunting after school.
I mentioned it earlier my years in high school late 70s early 80s shotguns and rifles in the back window of nearly every pick up and a buck 110 in my pocket every single day

You are exactly right and I agree with you, but especially nowadays with this administration, there's a threat of being on a domestic terrorist watch list
That's possible. But it doesn't have to be confrontational. It's all on how the question is brought up. Rather than looking to place blame, look for solutions.

Ever been in one of those Hellhole countries where they have a guard posted right inside by the menu board? He's got an over the shoulder strap and a machine pistol and a cheesy green fatigue outfit and it's only grande Macs and cash register he's protecting. Didn't feel a bit safer tho.
Are you talking about In and Out burgers in Midland, TX ?

If life were only that simple. People like to point out the spending on one thing could have been spent on something else when in reality the money would not have been spent on that somethingwhy else even if they did not spend the money on that one thing. In Nashville, they put it to a vote back in the 90's to raise taxes to help schools. It was voted down. They put up a vote to build a $300 million stadium for the Titans and it passed, Its all in the priorities.
Yes I understand priorities that's why the politicians have been sending money to Ukraine they have to save their investments over there.
After Sandy Hook they should have dropped the gun free zones policy and put guards in school. To continue a system for 20 years that doesn't work shows you our politicians don't work either or not at least for the public.
They have their own agenda.

One thing you're missing is that a high percentage of teachers are left-leaning; how could they not be, as that is the universal indoc of most colleges?

I had a friend over last weekend who teaches middle school, and he is the lone conservative on the entire middle school staff.

They have a SRO and he has talked about going armed with him, and the SRO said there are a few folks he could work with but the school board would never go for it.

So, the entrance/exit strategies are currently the only strategies available, unless parents take over school boards on safety issues as they have CRT and gender.

Pretty hard though when POTUS goes on TV saying the refusal to mutilate a 12 yo is sinful. Cause, yeah, we leave lots of important decisions to 12 yo kids.

The only true answer, though, is a spiritual revival. We took God out of school and culture, and invented new theologies based on climate and gender. Looks like the last one was a fight between genderism and Christianity.