How to gain more elevation?

slee

I have a Swarovski Z5 3.5-18 x 44 BT mounted with Talley low one piece rings/bases on my Mark V. With my scope zeroed at 100m I only have 10 moa of up adjustment left in the turret. With the Ballistic turret set up I can only get my scope zeroed to 500m before the turret maxes out. Is there any way of getting more adjustment to zero my scope for 500+ metres? If I went to a med or high scope ring would this help?

Thanks!

20 MOA bases or Burris Z rings or a combination of both should do it. The only thing higher rings will do is just raise the scope higher off the action. You need to have the scope mounted in such a way that the center line of the scope is at an angle to the center line of the barrel.

Thanks for the info! I'll have a look around to see what my options are for mfg. Thanks.

Seekin base and ring or Near base, 20 moa

I was looking at Near bases but unable to find out if he makes 1" rings? All I can find is 30mm and 34mm.... I have tried calling without any luck.

Thanks for the info!

Well I just got off the phone with Richard of Near Mfg. What a great guy and I can't wait to get my Alphamounts from him next week.

i would think a 40-50 moa base would be needed because he only has 10 moa of scope adjustment now. a 20 will only bring him back to around the center of adjustment travel.

Well the Near alphamounts came in the mail this morning. I reinstalled my scope with them and headed out to the range. The 10moa bases gave me enough adjustment to get out to 1000M with another 3moa of elevation left. More then I need.

I have to say I use to think Talley rings were nice, but wow. These Near alphamounts are a work of art! They are just plain awesome! Yes they might cost a few bananas but worth every penny. Plus Richard was a great guy to talk to and great service! I'll be buying more of his rings in the future.

her she is

IMG_6879.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.