How to Dump in the Woods -

Please use the camping kind of TP that dissolves quickly in the environment. They sell it a RV stores. And as one person already said, please bury. If you have ever camped with a group of guys for a couple weeks in the wilderness, without an outhouse, the place can become a minefield.

I usually start with half a roll in a ziplock bag and keep it in cargo pocket in pants so I always have on me. Fortunately I hunt where there is usually a choice of leaves or moss, wet or dry most times of the year if I forget the manmade stuff.

Now the question should be sit on log, squat, hold a tree etc. Then some talk about WHERE you go. Not in the trail please and not on prime glassing spots. And not at the gate. I had been walking in through a gate to hunt a few times and one time coming out I decided to walk around the gate and not climb over it. while sitting in my vehicle having some lunch I noticed a smell...ugh. All over my boot, it was right in the trail around the gate post and I didn't see it since there was tall grass around it.
Just be very careful around logs. While on a recon mission in Nam in '69, my point man got a really bad case of the runs. He went off a bit and found a fallen tree that formed a fork, useful as a john. He came back a while later and he was shaking like leaf. We asked him what was wrong and he stammered "have you ever **** on a bamboo viper." We decided to abort the mission and call for an extraction so we didn;t get whatever was afflicting him.

I remember the first deer hunting camp I went to in Llano, Texas (1977) the outhouse had a Sears catalogue nailed to the wall, dual purpose- reading and wiping (one page at a time). Good ole Herb Stehling, he was a heck of an outfitter.

This is called a "Bowel Betrayal" and as I get older, bowel betrayals have become more frequent while hunting. I usually carry TP but My Buck 110 is surgically sharp and it's easy to trim off a portion of one of my garments (usually a sock) to remove fecal material from my Netherlands if need be. It's a disturbing and unsavory state of affairs but it's part of hunting. It becomes even more unsettling when you add trail cameras to the mix.
2 years ago my youngest son and I were going bear chasing, dogs loaded up and like 430 in morning headed to the mountains. All at once he's going on dad you gotta pull over , I see a wide spot along the black top and pull off. Over the bank he goes with light an tp in hand . About five minutes go by and he comes bouncing back up over the road bank. Me being the smart @22 I am I ask everything come out alright . He said all good except as he was doing his paperwork he looked up and snap goes a trail cam not 10 feet away . I'd say whoever's camera got several pics . Lol

So I get this email from Meateater and it hit me with TP being in short supply maybe we need to review this as a potential guidance going forward in the new world order?
Link: How To Dump

Its a good read for those that need to be prepared or how not to.💩
Here's my go to for TP in the wild. Packs easily. Maybe a little less soothing than Angel Soft or Charmin, but puts a smile in every ****. Barnes and Noble has the best buy in town on TP....$0.99 each.....maybe 250 heavy single ply........What Happened. Hillary Rodham Clinton (2017). Simon & Schuster. ISBN 978-1501175565 It's one **** you will really enjoy!!!!

So I get this email from Meateater and it hit me with TP being in short supply maybe we need to review this as a potential guidance going forward in the new world order?
Link: How To Dump Leaves and grass. no pine cones

Its a good read for those that need to be prepared or how not to.💩
LL

I was going to post a photo of the book cover "How to $h!T in the Woods".....but can't find it. My uncle gave me the paperback book many years ago, and I can't find the darn book! :mad: memtb

* Just found it on Amazon, must be popular ....at least three printings!
You didn't use it for toilet paper did you?

There is one avenue to consider.
image008-2.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.