How to disable new constant video that plays on the forum page?

can1010

I was wondering the same thing. if I want to see your video I will click on it but that should be my choice and I aint interested

Laelkhunter

It seems similar to what you get with YouTube where you have to watch a commercial before you can watch the video. Having a paid sponsor's video is one way to fund the site, without having to charge users (us) a membership fee. I could be wrong. A small video in the upper right hand corner is tolerable, it's when they pop up on the page and obscure the subject matter that annoys me.

wbm

Yeah it is a pain. If you are on a satellite connection where bandwidth use is measured it sucks. Beginning to wonder if LRH is worth the spam.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Being logged into LRH you see less than 2 ads per page for regular members.
We offer offer an ad free experience to all users, with our option to upgrade here.

I will look in offering a way to disable it, but with the pandemic ad rates, it's rather difficult to cover the costs of running such a large site.

can1010

I have tried to donate a couple of times over the years and just checked again and why would I want to use anti gun paypal to donate to a gun forum.
I bet that i aint the only member that would be happy to donate if we were given a better pro gun option.
videos should be up to the member if they want them to download and be given the choice

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I have tried to donate a couple of times over the years and just checked again and why would I want to use anti gun paypal to donate to a gun forum.
I bet that i aint the only member that would be happy to donate if we were given a better pro gun option.
videos should be up to the member if they want them to download and be given the choice
They are ads. However I will look into an alternative to PayPal.

Trending threads