How to carry Tac 15

LIK2HNT

How is everyone carrying their X-bow when hiking. I mainly hike, spot & stalk. I have not figured a sling system yet, nor found a pack that it fits into, or straps onto nicely. Are you guys hiking with the X-bow in the cocked position? And with or without the arrow loaded?

Thanks
Bill

Hi Bill,
I use and recommend a double sling system. They are also called Biathlon Slings because the Target Rifles used by these athletes are very heavy and require a double sling system.

I like the Vero Vellini Double Sling for its quality, padding and comfort. They sell for about $80. dollars. It's a qick release sling, so it can be removed quickly when necessary.

Len Backus sells a double sling in the gear shop that is much less expensive, if the price point is a factor.

Here is a link to the Vero Vellini Sling that I use: Pioneer Research - SeaLife underwater cameras, Vero Vellini slings and straps, Vion hand bearing compass

Safety dictates never carrying your crossbow loaded while not in your hands. Can you imagine what might happen if the limbs fired while this was on your back and they hit your head or some part of your body? 155 foot pounds lbs. of energy is a lot of energy being let go all at once.

Regards,

Jon

PSE now make a Soft Case for the TAC15i, One of which I am still waiting for.

I'm in the UK, so that may be the problem.

TAC Crossbow :: Compound Crossbow :: PSE Precision Shooting Equipment&

I've fitted a Viper Sling which attaches to the Stock and one of the CNC Holes at the front - plenty of them to choose from.

VIPER 3 POINT RIFLE SLING - Accessories - Viper - Tough Kit for Tough Situations

Mine has so many extras fitted that it is very uncomfortable to sling, but a basic set-up should be OK.

Hi Les,
The PSE TAC15 Case is a very nice case with a snug fit. The side to side room for the front of the crossbow is a bit tight, so you might want to remove any short bipods before placing your crossbow in or out of the case.

Also you might want to pick up an arrow tube to place in the zipper compartment on top of the case that's made to carry your TAC arrow shafts. There is a seller in the UK that is on e-bay that I purchased mine through. He makes a very nice adjustable arrow tube that has a sling on it in case you want to remove and carry your arrows. It holds 12 - 18 arrows and fits very nicely into the case for storage.

Here the info. to find it on e-bay. They are very cheap items and well worth their price.

Search on: Archery Arrow Tube / Case extendable to fit all arrows
Item Number: 220747539044

Regards,

Jon

Hi Jon

My Fiancee Tracy & I are good friends of Tony & Suzanne (Both highly experienced Archers) at Perris Archery & we both shoot (her more than me) at thier Raydon Shop.

Home Page

I'm a Founder Member of:

http://www.raydonhallac.co.uk/

Tony & Suzanne run the Club, providing the Members with a Field for OutDoor Archery on the old Airfield Site:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Raydon

This is handy, as the 200 Tons of piled up Ex-Runway is a very safe BackStop.

All my Arrows for 4 Bows & 3 Crossbows are kept in "As New" Condition (Due to lack of use) in several:

Arrow Case - Clear

I prefer these to a Canister.

You probably recognise the Manufacturer:

Compact Arrow Case by MTM

Hopefully, 1 of the 2 sizes will fit.

Cheers

Les

Last edited:
Hi Les,
The MTM clear cases work just as well as the ones sold in the UK. I thought the ones I was recommending were a little cheaper and the shipping would be much less since they were closer to home.

If I'm not mistaken, Easton also produces a clear round arrow tube that is also very nice and easily fits the TAC Crossbow case.

You seem to have a good handle on what you want to use, so enough said.

Regards,

Jon

Hi Les,
The PSE TAC15 Case is a very nice case with a snug fit. The side to side room for the front of the crossbow is a bit tight, so you might want to remove any short bipods before placing your crossbow in or out of the case.

Also you might want to pick up an arrow tube to place in the zipper compartment on top of the case that's made to carry your TAC arrow shafts. There is a seller in the UK that is on e-bay that I purchased mine through. He makes a very nice adjustable arrow tube that has a sling on it in case you want to remove and carry your arrows. It holds 12 - 18 arrows and fits very nicely into the case for storage.

Here the info. to find it on e-bay. They are very cheap items and well worth their price.

Search on: Archery Arrow Tube / Case extendable to fit all arrows
Item Number: 220747539044

Regards,

Jon

For my arrow tubes i use an adjustable drafting tube. you can pick them up at any college book store or drafting supply store for about $10 - $15 it what i carry my blue prints in.

IM still learning how to post replys sorry....

For my arrow tubes i use an adjustable drafting tube. you can pick them up at any college book store or drafting supply store for about $10 - $15 it what i carry my blue prints in.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.