How old are you? How old do you FEEL?

57 | 6-0 | 220 | 34 x 32 trousers | 13 shoes | 42 chest
Think I'm 20, body says no friggin' way. Mentally a two year old. Physical Therapist says my body is in its 30's. Sometimes I feel like I'm Old Methusela.
People say they think I'm much younger, I quip, "must be because of my immaturity."

Still very active. Hiking, biking, some running - trying to preserve the knees.
1/8th the conditioning, 1/3 the strength I was when I was 20. But, have a 1" x 30" x 30" slab of steel I still pick up and move around the yard. It's harder to do now....
Have had rheumatoid arthritis since 1993. Not on any meds for it. Controlled with diet, exercise and minimizing stress.
Two rheumatologists have openly doubted that I have it. Then they see the x-rays and blood results.
IMO, it's a disease of motion -- if you stop, you shrivel and die. It also gives you an extremely high tolerance for pain.
On pain : stopped snowboarding in 2010 after a nasty fall - tore knee cartilage and messed up my left shoulder, bad. I thought the shoulder taking so long to heal was a function of the RA. I shoot left handed now. Was having mobility issue in 2019. Saw Dr. he asks "when did you tear your rotator cuff?" Sends for x-rays and confirms.

I am old enough for a hangover to last 48 hours! I'm 43, feel about the same as mid-30s. I've had a bunch of knee surgeries from ski injuries when I was younger, I still get around fine but Advil is my companion. I definitely feel and look a lot younger than my peers who have children.

8809D690-2643-4E9D-AAE5-01EA155A9345.jpeg

33 years old, i feel like i'm turning 60 this year. pain everywhere. be from old injuries or sleeping wrong. to previous picking up things in general.

it sucks but on a positive note, my pail tolerance is pretty high
Wait until you hit 40. That is when all the pain really begins.
If 50 hurts as bad as 40 did, I don't want any part of it.

When I turned approx. 45 I got a eye infection that seems to have caused me to need reading glasses. That infection seems to be sticking around??

64, 5'9", 200. Multiple surgeries due to injuries sustained on duty. Knee, shoulder, back and neck issues. But I'm not old...just starting to weather a little! Problem is my mind thinks it's still in its 20's, but my body reminds me it's not!