How old are you? How old do you FEEL?

6'2" 195 and 52yom. Life has been hard with 13 years military service and 23 in Fire and EMS obviously some of those combined years. The VA has me going to a Ortho for my back. Great. Tried to do 5 miles yesterday 30lbs pack with rifle in steep country. My back tells me to take a lot of breaks. No bears and today my back is barking. Not pting as much as I used to as the drive isn't there from PTSD related issues sleep is a problem too. But my brain thinks me still 25. lol

Man we are getting personal on the ol' LRH lol.

38 years old 5' 9" 235 lbs. lift about everyday. Been in the Air Force for almost 18 years on active duty. Younger years were very labor intensive but older years are pretty much management position so not bad. I feel no different now than I did when I was 25. Never had any major injuries, never really broke anything. Most of the men in my family do really well until they get to their sixties. Then it seems they go down fast and with very little exception men in my family don't live past 70. We shall see!

56 years old, 6'4" 265 lbs. I feel pretty good for my age. Like many of you, I've banged myself up a bit over the years with a few broken bones, surgeries & scars. A few nagging health issues are popping up, but I'm thankful I'm able to do most everything I want and need to.

About out hiking the youngsters... Me and my partner have a saying...." They don't make em like they used too..."

I'll say..... 33 year old me could out-Hike the living snot out of 21 year old me.... I could argue that I'm in just as good of physical condition now as I was then, but now I have to work for it. When I was 21 I didn't have the "mountain pace" required to go all day and cover serious mountain miles in steep country. I'm finally sorting out the slow-and-steady side of the race.

I'm 33 6'02" 215-220# not in 6 pack abs shape but not fat and I still have all my hair, but I did find one grey one the other day.:( Logging keeps me in good shape not to mention working my land and helping on my family's and friends on their farms and ranches. Don't have any problems out working the younger guys. Love hiking around timberline and hunt as much as possible year round. I don't smoke and don't drink the hard stuff but I do enjoy a good dark beer or two most evenings. Elk, deer and home grown beef help me eat good. Feel good for my age and the road I've taken and wouldn't trade my life for a millionaire's any day. Blessed to live in a area where I can do the things I love.

I'm 45 years old, 5'-10" and 220 lbs. Was feeling GREAT during my first 10 years of law enforcement which included being a member of the Bicycle Patrol Unit, S.W.A.T team and finally a K-9 handler. Then I got married, had a couple kids and now I feel like I'm DEFINITELY on the "back 9" with a severity that depends on the amount of "Honey-do's" and "Daddy-do's" I have to perform.....

Had to revive this thread for an update. Fellas, I've discovered the Holy Grail for us guys who feel like their get up and go...got up and went...and DID NOT come back. Here's the rub:
So, I went to a local Dr (former ER trauma surgeon) who now specializes in 'Lifestyle Medicine'. I told him that basically I feel run down all the time despite getting a solid 8 hours sleep pretty much every night, just want to sit in a chair when I'm home and have pretty much lost my 'drive' for nearly everything. They drew several samples of blood and sent it off to their labs in Chicago for analysis. A week later I was given the results. Low Testosterone! WHAT?? I'm only 45, fellas. On a scale (300-1200 being 'normal range') I was at 290 for Total Testosterone. On a scale (120-565 being 'normal range') my Free Testosterone...which is what does ALL the work (your get up and go) was at 88. So, after discussing a few options with the Doc I chose a program where Testosterone pellets are surgically implanted (in your backside) every 3 months. I also have to supplement with an estrogen blocker AND HCG to keep my body's own production of Testosterone going.....what little it's producing. Well, it's been 2 weeks now and I'm really starting to feel GREAT! Energy is coming back, mental clarity/focus is sharper, I find myself looking for things to do.....AND the wife is definitely happier :D. Fellas, I would recommend going and getting your Testosterone levels checked. It may just be the reason you feel like you're slowing down WAY before you really should.

^ yes. Definitely. I'm 31 and did it when I was getting abnormally frustrated with work. I'm fine ;). Turns out I have low tolerance for BS.

But the doctor was explaining the benefits of doing T correctly. It's literally the fountain of youth. Glad it's working out for you. Ride that wave!!

Recent Posts