How often do you use your gun in a year?

How often do you use your gun in a year?

• 0 to 10 days

Votes: 40 4.9%
  • 11 to 20 days

Votes: 94 11.5%
  • 21 to 50 days

Votes: 214 26.2%
  • 51 to 100 days

Votes: 187 22.9%
  • Over 100 days

Votes: 282 34.5%

• Total voters
I get out all most every saturday and monday been trying yo get out rabbit hunting on sundays as much as possible and coyote. hunting when I can don't like the cold as much as I used to there is no indoor ranges here that would be nice.

Where the heck do you find the time with 6 boys one girl working 6 days a week Iam lucking if I get a few hours once a month on a Sunday when little ones are sleeping
o well life goes on Hey wasn't complaining just explaining

Welhofer I only have one grand son to deal with he is almost 12 and he usually goes with me I am teaching him to be a responsible hunter and marksman so we have a lot of fun out there plus we get to do some good bonding and hopefully it will keep him off the streets so he will turn out to be a good person.

Last edited:
normally don't have one around. but due to recent events with OBAMA! i now have the need to have one around. I am normally a bowhunter only guy with guns always available in house. now that our 2nd amendment is being tampered with i have been becoming aware of some disturbing things happening to us. i now have been gathering up some ammo and guns and my use of weapons will increase.:D

gun)All this gun control stuff is really starting to confuse me are they trying to boost the economy or make us go broke so they can take over stuff and leave us with empty pockets. It seems they have spread a buying frenzy the gun retailers are loving it they have sold more guns this year than ever and most of them are gouging the prices.

i say it is better to have a gun and not need it than need it and not have it. and you never know when something like a wolf stands on the side of road on way to work. so i never leave home with out one or 8 :cool:

I am offended by the question. It implies that I only have one firearm. ***?:)

Len said....

This should be interesting. I am talking about any firearm type. If you just "carry" that counts, too.

I suspect thats any and all....

With components scarce and ammo itself scarce, Im plinking a couple nights in an indoor league. Some people bowl, I shoot.

I have stuff on backorder....everywhere.

Just the trap leagues get me over 100 days....then there's the rifles at the range and hunting....and pistols at the range and hunting.....and the pistol that is with me nearly EVERY day......I'd have a harder time figuring out how many days WITHOUT!

I use a weapon just about everyday. Well I did now Im having to conserve my ammo can't find components anywhere. It's worse than finding a box of live ammo

Did NOT initially count my "carry" weapon practice. That is usually 2-3/wk with at least one day of 25-100M practice.
Long gun practice EVERY weekend.
Shotgun 2-3/month usually mid-week for stress relief! Nothing quite like bustin' up some plates with the pump!
Ya'll have fun this weekend!
Loggerhead2u:)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.