How Often Do You Hunt Big Game Out Of State?

How Often Do You Hunt Big Game Out Of State?

• Never so far, looking forward to it, though!

Votes: 531 38.4%
  • Once every 5 years.

Votes: 190 13.7%
  • About once every couple of years, my wife is great!

Votes: 332 24.0%
  • At least once every year, I am not married!

Votes: 331 23.9%

• Total voters
If ya live in Idaho why would you ever want to hunt out of state?

Except form maybe PDs and antelope.

+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats where I go for out of state hunting. Im from Oregon, and I love Eastern Oregon, but the quality of game and ability to draw a tag to hunt where you live is virtually nonexistant. Thanks to ODFW it seems the only way to hunt where you live is to have a Portland mailing address when applying for a tag over east! 7 YEARS strait and no deer tag, no antelope tag, and 2 yrs in a row now no elk tag, with 5 years before that! but I know valley people who draw almost every year.......... What a joke!
I love Idaho, and when the day comes to cash in all my Oregon preferance points, I doubt Ill apply for more. Ill just keep going to Idaho, cause it rocks! Quality game, decent length of seasons, and quality OTC tags. Way to go Idaho.

I ONLY HUNT BIG GAME OUT OF STATE. I CAN'T AFFORD TO HUNT BIG GAME
WHERE I LIVE. THE SYSTEM IS SET UP FOR THE RICH FOLKS OUT OF STATE TO
HUNT HERE.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

ONE OF THESE DAYS I WILL GET MY WIFE TO JOIN ME !!! :D:D

I haven't hunted out of state since I moved to Alaska more than 40 years ago and my wife is my number 1 hunting partner. She's taken moose, black bear, grizzly bear and caribou with her 300 saum and she puts up with me.

Gus

+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats where I go for out of state hunting. Im from Oregon, and I love Eastern Oregon, but the quality of game and ability to draw a tag to hunt where you live is virtually nonexistant. Thanks to ODFW it seems the only way to hunt where you live is to have a Portland mailing address when applying for a tag over east! 7 YEARS strait and no deer tag, no antelope tag, and 2 yrs in a row now no elk tag, with 5 years before that! but I know valley people who draw almost every year.......... What a joke!
I love Idaho, and when the day comes to cash in all my Oregon preferance points, I doubt Ill apply for more. Ill just keep going to Idaho, cause it rocks! Quality game, decent length of seasons, and quality OTC tags. Way to go Idaho.
>
I grew up hunting Idaho, they ran me off 8 yrs ago. Came home from 9mo on the road, couldn't prove residency, couldn't get resident tags etc. That was the last year I paid income taxes to Idaho. Moved to MT. Best descision I ever made. Haven't hunted ID since. Is that hunting out of state? Plan to try SD for Pronghorn after I get back from OEF, just for fun.
Moved to MT for the hunting, found my wife there. Took her out hunting 2009 season, put her on 4 deer, with her new rifle she killed them all, one shot one kill. If I go to the range without her, I get into trouble.

I'll be chasing whitetails in Idaho a week from tomorrow. My youngest son (28) will join me this year, don't know if he can keep up with the ol' man. My wife will be along visiting family (we both grew up there) and my 7mm RUM and .22-250AI will be along for the ride.

I haven't done anything crazy yet lol due to funds, but I'm not married and I do hunt out of state every year for the past 4. And will continue to do so hopefully.

I usually hunt upstate NY for turkeys every year, and PA for deer, coyote, turkey, etc. lol. I live in NJ so PA is easy, but NY is a full week trip.

My wife and I both hunt out of state every year at least 3 times. She is an awesome wife. She's always wanting something to shoot at.

OK, as long as we are bragging, not only does she support me in my hunting and shoot with me, pretty good shot I might add, she is going to Namibia with me later this month and is going to take a Zebra and knowing her several other animals while we are there. She is my best hunting buddy and being a nock out while she does it doesn't hurt, LOL.:D

I just have to talk her into letting me go for my sheep.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.