How Much Will You Spend On Hunting & Shooting Stuff In The Next 12 Months?

How Much Will You Spend On Hunting & Shooting Stuff In the next 12 months?

• $0 to $250

Votes: 36 1.6%
  • $251 to $500

Votes: 128 5.6%
  • $501 to $1,000

Votes: 383 16.7%
  • $1,001 to $2,500

Votes: 657 28.7%
  • Over $2,500

Votes: 1,089 47.5%

• Total voters
This is a bit of an eye opener when you sit down and work it out. I have spent 4k on guns and 3.5k on projectiles powder and primers this year alone. If I add in what I spend on hunting ducks and quail and various reloading equipment new brass and optics it is not something I wish to write down.

exwife thought house was supposed to be a show case. I look at a house as resonable secure shelter. Now that she is gone I have just bought a RRA A4 and a Trijicon TR23-2 for it. Don't miss her at all.....:)

:D
You should have included a 3-5k option.

I agree, or more.

Typically, I spend (blow) better than 10K on arms related stuff... That includes long guns, pistols and match pistols plus optics. Not included is the cost of hunting trips or the thousands of rounds of various calibers I squirrel away via handloads or factory ammo........

All a good investment.

I don't have a Cabelas Signature Black for no reason......:)

My wife cares less. She gets her jewelry, her Persian rugs and stuff and I get firearms.

exwife thought house was supposed to be a show case. I look at a house as resonable secure shelter. Now that she is gone I have just bought a RRA A4 and a Trijicon TR23-2 for it. Don't miss her at all.....:)

BEEN THERE!!! I bought a 111LRH and built myself an extremely nice fly rod in celebration of mine going away.

.....being a 3 time looser, I can't afford another loss. Thank goodness I found one who appreciates me for what I am and it's reciprocal.

She has her draft horses, her hunting dogs, her cats, all her Persian rugs a new ride every 2 years and property and I have my guns, motorcycles, a large pickup truck and a Caddy to drive (when my butt hurts).....

Great trade off's. Besides she told me a long time ago that I would be the one leaving and I could have a pillow, with no pillowcase of course......:)

I've got a whole room full of things that go bang so it's all good here.

She's not into guns at all other than her pistol she keeps in the drawer in the kitchen, ,loaded of course. I sometimes wonder if its for the anticipated intruder or for me if I get out of line....

and yes, she's reading this over my shoulder.......:D

I have nothing to hide, not that I could anyway. I'm a terrible liar......

I've casually mentioned a Barrett 50 with the Leupy and BORS. She made no comment.

Let me see now:

CO NR ELK $550

Gasoline $1,200

Motel $ 900

Food $ 500

Oops - BPS etc $ 200

Comes to about $350 ....+ I'll have to dig up 2 fruit jars!:rolleyes:
And I get to do all the dadgum work. :D
Execpt every 3 to 5 yrs one of my 2 sons gets to go so I get to double it.:)
Then it's payback....they do all the work.....even the cooking.

Probably more than I should. But, justification of expenses should be left to
congress. Being a conservative, I will cut corners where ever possible to get the job done. I will definately stay within my budget. Which is not much.

Which means, I plan on going spring bear hunting and spring turkey hunting
on the same trip, in state. If any big cats ( tag), coyotes or other nastys get in the way, oh well. SSS.

The rest of the year will include several fishing trips to some of our productive kokanee lakes. (land locked Atlantic salmon).

A split in Big game season between Archery and LDH Rifle.
Archery for deer and Ldh Rifle for Elk.

Keep your shots in the middle.

Probably not a whole lot more than I have already spent this year.

My budget is about 1/3 gone already. So with Spring Bear hunting and
Turkey hunting on the same trip, in state. (Long week end.)

Then some Club shoots.

A few Kokanee fishing trips. (Atlantic Salmon).

Archery Deer hunt in Sept., and an LDH hunt for Elk in October.

Some more club shoots til the snow flys.

$2000.00 more or less.

Keep them in the middle.

Wow thats a lot of money guys wouldn't it be cheaper to move. I have Deer and wild turkeys in the back yard Elk on the Golf Course cougars hung up in a fence down the street a Bear shot in back of the Tavern and Greasy tires from running over stupid Coyotes all in the middle of the second largest city in the State of Oregon, There aren't any animals in the woods though because they are all living under someones carport.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.