How Much Will You Spend On Hunting & Shooting Stuff In The Next 12 Months?

How Much Will You Spend On Hunting & Shooting Stuff In the next 12 months?

• $0 to $250

Votes: 36 1.6%
  • $251 to $500

Votes: 128 5.6%
  • $501 to $1,000

Votes: 383 16.7%
  • $1,001 to $2,500

Votes: 657 28.7%
  • Over $2,500

Votes: 1,089 47.5%

• Total voters
re: How Much Will You Spend On Hunting & Shooting Stuff In The Next 12 Months?

i've put about 2k into my 308, 600 bucks into my 300 mag, 400 for a scope for the 308, 800 into reloading gear (new press) plus a few hundred in bullets, powder, primers etc. Im still in highschool and maxed the scale, but im broke as a joke now... ah well i got guns and enough ammo to last me a few days :D

Heck, with the price of ammo over the next 12 months you will easily spend in the upper end of these catagories if you shoot regularly.

Reloaders are not getting much of a break either with the near extinction of large rifle primers.

The average Joe is being priced out of the market! Example, I was in Cabela's just the other day and in the used military rifle section is a group of SKS rifles for $599! Nagants were $295 and 7.62X54R ammo was $37.00 per 20! Military surplus was slightly cheaper at $18.95.

I blame the war to a point but I also think retailers are gouging because of the demand. You know what is sad is that with the over production of AR types they are almost as cheap as Cabela's SKS's !!!gun)

gun)Hello friend
I think this is totally waste of thign. Please don't mind, I really don't like to spend on hunting & shooting stuff. Even I thought most of the time that why people like to spend their time and money with all this stuff like hog hunting or anything else. This is wrong even and government should start taking some action against all kind of hunting.

Common sense and logic go right out the window when you start talking hunting and shooting, and my wallet might as well be attached to it. It truly is an addiction. That sad part is I know so many others that suffer.

I am currently in the process having a SnipeTac338 custom built rifle on a Lawton 8500 Action as a single shot rifle coupled to a .338 Lawton 32 inch 9.5 twist match barrel fluted Idaho 16 profile with CheyTac muzzle brake.
Fitted to the action will be a Jewell 1 to 16 ounce top safety trigger with a 40 MOA rail and Seekins rings.
All this will be housed in a Manners T-5A Thumb hole stock in Camo pattern .
Dies and cases from Viersco.
On top of all this will sit a NightForce 8-32x56 scope.

I already have the following in waiting for when "Terminator" arrives.
1000 off 300 Grain Berger Hybrids ordered and on the way.
Sinclairs hand priming tool and with monster 408 Cheytac shell holder.
New RCBS Rockchucker Supreme reloading press.
16 pounds of 50BMG powder.
1000 Federal 215 Gold Match primers.
AIM 60" Tactical Drag Bag ordered and on its way.

Budget allocated for this new cannon and accessories is $10,000 Australian dollars.

Last edited:
I have a serious gun addiction. In the last 2 and half months, i bought 3 Remington guns and 1 ultramag action. 2 stocks, 1 scope, 2 sets of dies, 600 rds of brass, etc. Still need 3 more scopes, barrel and stock for the ultramag action. Guys i want to build my first long range gun, but I can't seem to pass up a good deal. Is there some kind of therapy program, i need to quit buying so many guns. Well I guess I'm not a quiter.gun)

well im fixin to buy a new stock and scope this year,im getting quick at stashing my mad money.thinking about a new barrel for the 721

Heck all you gotta do is buy one rifle, and good glass and your tapped........
When I was making rediculous amounts of money, I got 2 new rifles a year,plus optics, plus loading supplies, plus accurizing.......where did those days go??!?
This year is already waaaay too tight. 2011 will hopefully get alot better and I may be able to get the ball rollin again..... depending on work.

It's bad to say, but this stuff is about like crack once you try it your hooked for life. I've spent entirely to much money on this stuff over the years. It's safe to say if it was more easy (time frame wise) to get these toys I would spend three times as much. I'm a very impatient man, thank god for that it's all I can do to support my habbit as it is.

Nathan

Starting something new gonna try to set myself up an allowance and see how that works the only problem is the wait for the big ticket items

I blew the $2500 mark out of the water in April with my custom 1911.
Just dropped almost $5000 into a custom bolt rifle.

Heck, I think I've spent $2500 on reloading supplies this year alone.

Starting something new gonna try to set myself up an allowance and see how that works the only problem is the wait for the big ticket items

I feel your pain...
I reward myself twice a year for putting up with all my customers and inter-office dramas.

It ain't easy to wait, but dang it feels good to buy something you thought you would never be able to.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.