How much recoil does a bolt 50 bmg have?

from what ive heard and seen on TV the barrett M107 and 82 models have a kick 3x stronger than that of a 12 gauge magnum. a soldier on a documentary i watched said his shoulder was very sore after firing 25-30 shots from a barret M82 .50BMG. the big fifty is not for the faint of heart. if you're going to fire a .50BMG rifle be sure to have something between you and the gun stock. even with the barrets factory made kick pad its not enough. and to tell y'all right now the barret doesn't have the strongest recoil, the .700 nitro express T-rex rifle kicks so hard that its sends the user flying back 4-5 feet and often loses grip and the rifle making the gun fly right up out their hands
I think you might be confusing the .700 NE, and the .577 Tyrannosaur.

But you are correct about the .577 T-Rex.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrImp-ek3bI"]Shooting Gun Test - 577 Tyrannosaur T-rex Gun - YouTube[/ame]

I aint gonna beat up a new guy but don't believe much of what you see on TV and UTUBE.
Get out there and find out for yourselfgun)

the .577 T-rex I think might kick a touch harder than a .50BMG rifle. and another thing what can you hunt with a .577 t-rex or a .50BMG rifle? what kind of large game can a 50 caliber take down? and what can a .577 kill?

I don't own either, and don't plan on hunting any game with either caliber. The biggest long range rifles I own are a 7mm STW and a .300 Ackley Magnum.

I have a M82A1 actually until it sells in the classifieds and I didn't think it kicked any worse than any of my 12 gauge shotguns to be honest but I only shot the M33 660 grain ball ammo out of it.
My M95 5 shot bolt does kick like an angry little guy! but even that being said I have an STW in a light weight set up that was worse until I got a brake put on it.

The 50 we shoot has a Armalite AR-50 brake and the recoil is less than a 7mag, the brake makes all the difference. If I remember the standard 50 thread is 1x14. That brake years ago was $179 and the best money you'll never spend, just don't stand beside it.

from what I gather the recoil brake/compensator comes stock with just about any .50 BMG rifle. but I can see a replacement recoil brake may cost $150-$200+ easy.

Keep in mind that most outfitters (as well as bystanders) despise muzzle brakes for the side wash effect. The gas has to go somewhere......

When range shooting a big bore, make sure the stations downline are empty or suffer the consequences.

The AR-50 brake is a tank brake and is more efficient than brakes on the Bohica or Safety Harbor those are a 4-chamber Miculek look a likes. If you do a search and pull up a picture you'll easily see the difference. A friend with a Bohica single shot was almost unmanageable to me and if you wore glasses be careful, they might get re-arranged. The Arma-Lite AR-50 brake was half the recoil of the other brake. If you are buying a 50 and shooting $5 a round A-Max ammo every time you pull the trigger, what is $179 to be able to shoot it and enjoy it?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.