how much less accurate

bski

Is it if i shoot off my atlas bipod mounted on the front piccy rail under the risor vs the under barrel lower cantilever....is it realy that much more accurate and why???thanx len or any of u guysgun)

Bski, I've shot my Elite both ways and didn't notice much difference. I think the idea behind shooting from the hand grip rail is the same as free floating a rifle barrel. There's no direct interference with the rail during a shot.

Mike is right about the free floating barrel comparison. At long range it can make a big difference.

Thanx guys.. it just seems so much more stable with the bipod more toward the front...but i know you have done alot more shooting of tac15 than me...

I have shot mine off the front rail since day one with a trigger stick and gun rest mount. I have no problems getting two inch groups at 60 yards with Swacker Broadheads.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.