How much has this site cost you?

How much have you spent as a result of this site?

• $0

Votes: 16 6.6%
  • $1-$1000

Votes: 41 16.9%
  • $1001-$5000

Votes: 94 38.7%
  • $5001-$10000

Votes: 59 24.3%
  • $10001+

Votes: 33 13.6%

• Total voters
This site hasn't cost me anything, but it has saved me quite a little. If you want to know how much I have invested in my hobby well that is a little different. It's more than my wife's annual income.

Last edited:
I have made $25. Bought a model 11 for $350 to go long range,then decided that I don't know of many cheap place to stretch the legs of a 308. So I sold it for $375. I am now looking for a savage striker for the extra challenge of shorter range. That will be another $5-600

Less than I would have spent experimenting. My wife knows the money spent on everything. Why just a couple weeks ago I let her know I was about to lay out some serious cash and to quote she said "Go for it, I think you deserve it" Ahhh:) that's the magic of my For Every Action There's An Equal Reaction xl Spreadsheet.

I have definately got better at "gun running". Not the illegal kind, but from the wife. For instance, make sure your wife sees you carring an empty gun case out as you "go out to shoot". She won't know it's empty. Then go to your local gun store and get your new gun you just ordered, bring it home and nonchelauntly load you new gun into your safe.
Or have your best friend, he must be an honest friend, bring it over some evening and hand it to you in front of the misses and say something like, "thanks for letting me borrow your gun".
I've got a new 338Edge from Defensive Edge coming in a month or so. Looks like I have more gunrunning to do.

LRSickle, if ya want you could have that 338Edge shipped to me, then after a week or two I could bring it over and in front of the misses thank you for letting me borrow it...and just think it would be the truth:).

Seriously, congrats on the new rifle. when you get it and the chance post some pics.

Last edited:
Let me think about it Chas1...NOPE.

This isn't my first custom gun but it is my most anticipated. The little woman knows it's coming but I keep forgetting to tell her how much it and the Nightforce costs.

Everyone have a happy holiday and I hope this site keeps costing you.

LR Sickle
I once was a gun runner like you. The feds busted the boot leggers I I was busted a few years back by a 12 year old. At the dinner table my son asked - when are we going to shoot the new gun we got. My wife says - oh new gun - what are you going to use that for?
I have moved away from that strategy. She knows what I get. She knows about my 338 rum coming from Defensive Edge - she asked how much was that going to cost - I told her $1600 - she smiled - her response was wow that was a real good deal
Trust me what ever you do or try they know

I am a new member with more than average hunting experience, but very little long range experience. November my dad got me into shooting out to 1,000 yards when we had some downtime on a deer hunt. I immediately came home and made range cards for my nearly unused sendero first time out it was dead on from 300-1000 yards with my range card. Now since December I have bought a 338RUM, a 1,500 yard range finder, two scopes, and reloading equipment. I still have to buy one or two more scopes and then I can start cutomizing my rifle.

My wife will kill me if she finds out, thanks alot LRH...

I initially voted in the 5-10K category. But to be honest, I'm easily over $10K. Just couldn't bring myself to get comfortable with that kind of cash flow... :) gun)

I've bought 5 guns and 5 scopes , 3 stocks in the last 4 months, since I've joined this site in April. No custom guns yet, all SS Remington's and Leupolds. And no wife to say no. Every time I think I need a girlfriend I just buy another gun. My last date cost me 2 guns and 3 scopes.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.