How much for a cheapish mule deer hunt?

Bigeclipse

It is a dream I have to do a mule deer hunt but I understand they can be quite expensive. I am not looking for a record book mule deer or even a large one. I would just want something decent/mature. I do not know mule deer scoring but for example let's say a Large whitetail is 180 score then id want something in the 130-150 range so whatever the Mule deer equivalent of that would be. What would be the cheapest way of getting me into a Muley of that size? Any outfitters I should check out? I do not want it to be shots over 400 yards if possible, as I'm not confident past that on live animals.

You can do one on your own in CO or WY and do well IF you're willing to walk off the beaten path. It can be a not-expensive hunt.

I've often found that mule deer hunts are not being much less than an elk hunt, so just end up going for elk.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts