How much do you pay?

Centre Punch

This being an international site, my shooting buddies and i were wondering how much all you non-americans out there pay for your USA sourced shooting equipment in your own countries.We think we are getting ripped off the most by our official importers, because we pay twice as much if not more than what they do in the USA, UNLESS someone out thee knows better. It is prohibited to personally import guns, ammo, brass, bullets heads and any parts which may be deamed to allow functoining of a firearm, including, believe it or not spare mags! If we do decide to mail order non restricted accessories we get clobbered with 23% tax and duty and a 10% government surcharge for not trading with the European Union. Anyway, enough of all that, I will be very interested in any prices of any equipment you guys out there have bought, we can compare them and have a good laugh about the whole kit and caboodle.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Well we get ripped of on the price of Yank kit here in germany too, there are ways around Dick Turpin tax man.
email me if you need any German/European kit, cos you get ripped off for Euro kit too.
Pete

Where i am in australia we get ripped-off hardcore when buying anything from the USA, especialy .22 cal ammo at the moment. IM not sure if its a local thing but i CAN'T buy .22 hornet ammo, and .22 Magnum ammo(winchester super x) is almost $50 a box of 50. The price has nearly doubled in the past year. According to the guy at the gun store this is due to an almost complete lack of supply from the US.
So if you Americans on this site wouldn't mind leaving just a little bit of factory ammo for you Aussie counterparts it would be greatly appreciated
grin.gif

What I have heard, to explain the shortages, is that a lot of the production capacity is dedicated to helping terrorists get to paradise. Makes sense. LB

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.