How many rounds taken on a hunt?

With my Ruger No.1, I have never needed a back up shot and I carry 5 extra rounds in a leather pouch attached to the forend.
This is not my only single shot, my 338-416 Rigby Improved is also single shot, but can be converted back to repeater whenever I feel the need...haven't yet.

Cheers.

On hunts out west or up north I take 40 rounds per gun. I seem to be selected to take a spare rifle for our group.
I used to carry an extra scope on trips. I have 1" scope on my rifle, My hunting buddy now has a 30mm scope, So I take a spare rifle.
When actually in the field hunting 4 in my rifle, Leather 4 round case in my pocket, And 2 leather 4 round cases in my back pack.

Big game Two clips 4 in each, and 8 in stock pack. Used to hunt big country back before cell phones always carried a box in my back pack then.

Coyote and varmints I carry 20-30 rounds for coyotes and varmint hunting lets just say well over 1K for each caliber.

20-30 rounds packed in 2 different bags
usually have a sight-in when we get out west 3 shots Never have had to re-adjust so far
The last 2 guides had us give him 4 bullets to hold during the hunt Guess he had many clients forget their bullets at camp I thought that was very proactive of them!

I've used this for about 30 years.....made by Hunter, 14 rounds, very comfortable, very quiet, and compact. I wear it along with a couple of other items on a belt, worn over my clothing. memtb

QzKWEDLl.jpg

oYH2hccl.jpg
Memtb: I've had that identical suede ammo carrier for 35 years, and love it. It will carry 8 .257 Wby rounds, or 6 .300 WBY rounds quietly and comfortable all day. (It is hard to snap with 8 of the latter rounds.) I love that and my Schrade Uncle Henry.

I used to carry 6 rounds and didn't need more but Like Alibiiv said things happen .
I live less than an hour where I elk hunt and when I arrived a young hunter asked what cartridge did I hunt elk with and I said 300 win mag and he said please tell me you have extra ammo.He was from Washington state and drove all night to get to where he was going to hunt and forgot his ammo.I told him I have 6 rounds and said he would give me a hundred dollars for 5 rounds.I told him I would give him 5 rounds and I hunted with 1 round.
So now I carry 20 rounds in the truck just incase.
I still carry 6 rounds-9 rounds on a sleeve on my rifle butt stock as I am getting to old to carry too much ammo.
Old Rooster

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.