How many rounds do you have in your pack?

Normal Day hunt 2 mags, 4 each, total of 8. If I know I'm going to shoot some rocks I'll pack an extra soft pouch with 6-8. I often shoot a round or 2 while on the mountain testing my first round accuracy.

Depends on the gun and where I am. In western states in flatland I will often carry 20 rounds cause I can't pass on sunny day prairie dogs (just a few). Otherwise I always have 8 with while I hunt for the day or 20 if I pack a tent. When I am more than an hour from home I will bring 50 for each gun, but still just hunt with same as above.

For day hunts I load the rifle and usually have an extra few on hand but if I was going to be out for a longer hunt I would bring a full 20 in the pack. Maybe more if I was going to be somewhere that had the possibility of seeing hogs. You just don't want to run out and see a pile of piggies you could've culled.

I have a 10 round folding soft pack for most of my rifles that I carry in my pack. I usually have a full box back at the camp and the same load for a spare rifle.

We have hogs in Texas, you shoot all you see on sight. I've shot up to four times on a hunt. One hunt I took five hogs with three shots. For the night runs I carry two full magazines.

I carry two 3 round HS Precision 300 win mag mags in a WWII M1 carbine mag pouch front and center on my belt: they fit perfectly. Those two plus a loaded mag in the rifle and a single round in my shirt pocket, loaded when on foot, give me a grand total of 10. Maybe if I was on foot and spike camping I might carry the rest of the 20 round box. I've never run short. I'd love to find a 5 round mag for the Gen 1 HSP but they've never and probably won't ever make them.

I always carry three rounds in the rifle and another ten in a shell holder in my pack. Most of the time I am just day hunting so I figure if I cant kill what I'm after with 13 rounds I shouldn't be hunting. Even when I climbed the mountain on my Goat hunt with the intention of staying in for three days and I still only took thirteen rounds. Just my philosophy.

I have three in the gun, ten in a soft pouch which rides next to my bino harness, and the rest of the twenty round box in my pack so that I can prove to the game warden that I am using lead free.

Hi all,
The rifle weight thread got me thinking about how many rounds does everyone have in their pack, belt or firearm while hunting?
I have a 20 round MTM belt box in my pack and, another 8 round MTM belt box on my person while actively hunting, hiking into an area. Ethical or not, I also have the rifle fully loaded, meaning one is up the 'spout' with the safety engaged.
I load the rifle from the 20 round box, and the 8 round box only gets used when the rifle runs out.
What say you all?

Cheers.
14 rounds total gun and pack

Magazine loaded (3-5) and about 5 more rds. in the bino case. 50+ rds in the truck/camp. If i'm in a place where i might shoot a bunch of coyotes or packed in wilderness I will take about 20 rds in my pack. 97% a time its one shot, but I must admit I've emptied a magazine before.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.